Monday 2 January 2012

Futures Perfect

Because I've yet to decide whether to pay for FFXIV after it starts charging due to lack of ppl on each server, so I quickly pushed and finished Futures Perfect, according to wiki, this is the last main story quest currently available...I'm pretty sure there's more to come, considering the story isn't done and seems only half way through.


I have to admit, I'm fairly disappointed with the story in FFXIV. Despite FFXIV has one of the best CS quality as a MMORPG, the story just isn't as well written as FFXI. I'm not comparing with expansions which obviously has better written story. I'm comparing with original FFXI, rank1~6 story line where it ends when you beat Shadow Lord.


The process of finishing FFXI rank1~6 storyline gave similar FF experience in the past....you fight BC battles with other players, you gain access to Airship. I still remember how I made a pt of 6 ppl and travel to North Land together to beat the Rank5 BC, then made another pt to travel to Shadow Lord's castle and beat the final boss, it was a fulfilling journey, with different adventurers fight by your side.

In FFXIV I soloed every main story quest, the only companion I have is just NPC....which feels more like playing single player game than MMORPG, and it's single player game playing with 1~2 characters, instead of balanced party of 4.

And considering FFXIV only has 500 ppl online per server, it's probably better that way. Or else finding people to do stuff would be truly a pain(it already is if you wanna do some unpopular stuff...even making EXP pt is a pain sometimes)

I may just stay inactive in FFXIV for a while, then start paying next update or something I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.