Wednesday 11 January 2012

More math

Since I had several debate about Armageddon v.s Death Penalty on several forums(funny thing is I'm always on the side of Armageddon despite I'm the one building DP), I decided to do some math to truly figure out which gun is superior in terms of dmg.


Copy and paste on stuff I posted on Alla....I may calculate something wrong in the process though, waiting for someone to correct me and kick my ass ;<


Following the QD formula:

(2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)) * (1 + (MAB / 100)) * (Elemental Staff bonus) * (Day/Weather Bonus)

Assuming I have both guns 95 and QD in my max dmg set which has 32 MAB in gears(you can get 8 more MAB from ring/legs if you're really pimp though), no tricorne for recast-5 on head, and using QD bullet which is MAB+20.

And assuming using Zodiac ring+elemental Obi to match specific day instead of Aquiline, so dmg+13% but MAB-3 on that specific day.

Also assuming I use Pluto's staff for DP to boost LS dmg, and vulcan's for Arma.

DP's QD dmg on none-dark/lights day with correct obi but using pluto's staff for WS:(2*59+89)*1.52*1.13=508
Since DP has 50% dmg boost, it's QD dmg is 762 on none-dark/lights day


On light/darks day:296*1.55*1=458
687 with dmg boost.


Arma's QD dmg on none firesday:318*1.55*1.15=566

On firesday:318*1.52*1.15*1.13=628


Therefore on Firesday DP will do 134 more QD dmg, 196 more QD dmg on earth/water/ice/lightning day, and 121 more QD dmg on darksday.


In VW my QD/WS ratio is about 1:3, in outside of VW like dyna is about 1:2 with 2 TP rolls, therefore in VW arma only needs to do 40~70 more WS dmg than DP to win, and outside of VW Arma needs to do 65~100 more dmg.


Considering WF average 1.8k~2k unless mob resists, and fire shot gives extra 300~400 dmg, it's very easy for Arma to catch up with extra WS dmg unless the mob has a dispel-able effect for dark shot to land(which is rarely)

If both weapons using Last Stand, following the physical WS formula, http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage
Arma using last stand has around 112 more WS base dmg, so it still wins.





This actually cleared things up a little. In order for DP to catch up to Arma, several condition needs to be met:

1.DP is generally strongest on ice/water/earth/lightning day.

2.The dmg difference is smaller if both guns using Last Stand.

3.Dmg will favor DP more if QD/WS ratio is 1:1 or at least close to it(that means fighting mobs with invincible/perfect dodge, or long down time, or not using 2x TP roll.

Regardless, I decided to keep doing DP anyways even if it sucked. Just hope 3 years later ppl still spam VW to supply my plates when I want to do Arma 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.