Friday 6 January 2012

/SAM v.s /RDM

So I got a chance to test /SAM in a Kaggen pt, after pt disband I tested more with /RDM solo.

First Kaggen fight with /SAM, did 16 WS total, 2nd fight did 18 WS total. Both fights are pure zerg fight and ends in less than 2~3 min, so there are not much other shitty moment to stop it. Only used 2hr in last fight. My atmacite setup is regain+save TP, since I'm still not done with Slayers.

The WF dmg without fire shot bonus and firesday bonus is 1666 with my current /SAM WS set. After QD the dmg is 1999. I did 6 QD total, so the total WS dmg before factoring resist or QD boost got eaten, is 28654.

If I /RDM with same buff, WS dmg is 1898 without fire shot and 2278 with it. Assuming I lost 2 WS without Meditate and Sek, I'd do 14 WS total, total WS dmg would be 28852.

And this doesn't even factor in the QD dmg boost from /RDM. /SAM fire shot dmg is 369 with my QD TP set(didn't macro in ex/rare bullet for it because I'm afraid I'd shoot it), 420 with /RDM in same set, that's extra 306 dmg from 6 QDs....although not a lot.

In the end /SAM still wins if I factor darkness SC dmg from the start, but if there's someone messing up SC, or if I just want to look good on parse result, /RDM wins, at least on Kaggen. STPII job trait doesn't matter, I got way too much TP overflow in VW with 2 TP atmacite no joke.

Also if I use 2hr, /SAM would pull ahead with extra Med/Sek/darkness and so on.

If you ask me, both SJ is pretty much on the same lv for WF with different advantage IMO.

Note that the pt kinda messed up on 3rd fight, and it became a bit of a drag+some death. I ended up parsed No.1 in that fight despite I died once and amnesiaed for 1/3 of fight. This leads me to believe if the VW fight starting to drag, it'd benefit COR in terms of dmg a bit more, while a pt going well with melee full time zerging melee jobs would win(only parsed No.2~3 in other fights with no messy moment).

Personally I'd stick with /RDM with current atmacite setup, just because I <3 epeen dmg and shiny parse result ;D

And MDB+other spells is more useful anyways.

But after finish upgrading slayer, probably need to redo the test again.


Special thanks to Ganukay parsing on his alt character for the test!

2 comments:

  1. i love you afania, if i recall , you're from hk? :P

    Do you remember how we met? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I'm not from HK XD

    And I remember how we met, I was lving NIN in a Qufim pt, and you were PLing our friend(forgot the name again sorry ;( )

    You should really come back to XI XD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.