Tuesday 3 January 2012

VW

Since I got COR to lv 99, I've been doing quite a lot of VW....well, that's one of the main reason why I leveled it in the first place right?

This VW style of play(2 hit WS spam) is still kinda new to me, and I'm still in the process of trying to find out best atmacite/gear/SJ setup.

At the moment I'm using lv 15 atmacite of coercion(regain+3) and atmacite of displine(save TP+20), this setup allow me 2 hit to 100 TP and spam WS like no tomorrow. I also tend to /RDM, since /SAM only gives 2 extra WS in a 3~4 min zerg fight, plus 2 extra TP which doesn't seems to matter. With temps and wings often fill up and pt proc really fast, it seems higher WS dmg from QD/WS has a bit more advantage as TP speed isn't really an issue. Extra MDB and SS is also life saver when got hate.

However, the parse result also shows that this atmacite setup isn't as good as using atmacite of slayer if enmity is an issue when players only WS with Gnostic's drink up. In fact, it may not be as good as Slayer in pure zerg fight situations.

I may drop one of the TP atmacite and use Slayers instead, so the question is really which one to drop?

If I drop save TP atmacite, I will lose 2 hit, unable to do back to back WS with QD up, IMO the best bet is to drop regain+3 atmacite.

It takes 7 tick and 21 sec for regain+3 atma to give as much TP as save TP+20 after WS, it seems Save TP is superior option especially if wings fill up fast. 21 sec is really unbearable for fast paced WS spamming event like VW.

In fact, even some discussion on BG forum already suggesting dropping regain roll for chaos if melee full time on NM, that means regain isn't as good as save TP maybe?

And that also means in order to make up the lose of regain+3, I need to have other source to gain TP.

Regain roll with AF3+2 body average about 2~3 tick, I'm 8k EXP away from relic +2 snake eye augment, which reported to have 40%~50% of chance to activate with 5/5 merit. If it's really 50% or close to 50%, then it's extremely powerful, that may push average regain from regain roll to 3+(you may ended up getting a No.11 after landing an unlucky number if you're lucky enough to have it activate 3 times in a roll)

So the priority is to finish relic+2 augment first, to push the regain from roll even higher.

Also I may start looking at QD STP set again, I doubt STP set can give me extra 10 TP after each QD. And that with this setup also means I have to shoot if QD recast isn't up, can't just wait for regain to tick me up.

The goal is to lose total of 1~2 WS only, losing anymore Save TP/Regain will pull ahead again.

I average about 11~14 WS per fight with save TP/regain if the fight ends in 3~5 min, in a fight when WF do 2k dmg with regain/save TP atmacite and 2 hit to 100 TP, it will do about 28k WS dmg total, if I can do 12 WS with slayers, it will do around 28200 WS dmg total. The longer the fight last(assuming I keep WSing and never hold TP), the more slayers will pull ahead. In situations when I hold TP due to hate/proc and so on, slayers also wins. If the pt gets HQ proc very often, that will also benefit slayers due to recharged wings.

However if I only do 10 WS that fight with save TP/regain, then it will beat slayers if I ended up only WS 8 times with slayers. Although I rarely do less than 10 WS a fight unless shit happened, or spent too much time rolling.

Also in a fight when WF is doing less than 2k, save TP/regain seems to pull ahead again. Although it's easy to learn which NM I can do 2k which NM I can't after fighting it once. Just change around depending on the NM.

The next question is the optimal SJ....if I /SAM I can make up the TP lose with 2 extra WSs and store TP2, but also losing 24 MAB and kinda defeat the purpose of aiming for high WS dmg in the first place.

My guess is in a situations when WF hits 2k+, slayers may*(not sure about this, gonna test it out)make up the 24 MAB loss.

However this question also applies on /RDM v.s /SAM, or losing 2 extra WS v.s 24 MAB etc.

I feel like playing a new job D;

So many new things to learn, and to figure out DDDDDD;

New event, new play style, new rules to follow. Although I've been playing this job for more than 2 years, I'm still like a noob and knows nothing about it.

Zeig's right, maybe I need to get a parser, probably much easier to figure out the optimal setup instead of just doing math on paper or guessing blindly.

But 3rd pt tool, meh ;<

I'll just record the dmg from chat log ;<

Project chat log record in VW go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.