Sunday 15 January 2012

VW pt

Since my cruor finally dropped to 1.8k due to spending on random things ( ;; ), I decided to make a Pil pt........yeah I still have my little hope up to get a Toci, but I kinda gave up.....I swear I only made Pil pt for Cruor!

Anyways, when I made easier VW pt like Jeuno/Zilart T3 ( Jeuno T6 doesn't count, since it's slightly harder and works differently especially on flan), there's a specific setup I follow, but sadly there are always ppl questioning it and have no clue and suggested me otherwise......

Generally, the efficient way to zerg VW works as followed:

1.DD pt must have BRD+COR and 4 of your pimpest DDs, someone suggested me to put BRD in another pt and WHM in DD pt, because "DDs need WHM to stay alive" "DDs doesn't need double march with regain+miser roll" That's just completely false. Most of the DDs won't cap haste without march, and haste will increase killing speed a lot. A good WHM can keep DDs alive outside of DD pt just fine, plus a good pt should keep getting HQ proc to recharge fana.

2.COR should be using Chaos+misers. Chaos increased DD dmg way higher than regain with double march. Again, clueless ppl telling me they don't need chaos because attack is capped - -

Attack goes over 999, in VW it won't be capped.

Attack, attack, attack is never enough in VW =)

3.Depending on NM, COR should be subbing WAR and using Last Stand to take full advantage of Chaos. Also COR should ask double Minuet from BRD. Unless fight somehow lasted too long that Chaos wears.

With berserk/warcry+chaos+Minuet+attack food, Last Stand should bump up some nice dmg that's slightly better than WF.



Oh and btw, that crazy 4.4k Last Stand dmg is done by a pimp relic gun RNG, COR doesn't have enough attack(lower skill, no velocity shot and related gears, no rattk on gun and so on, plus lower AGI) and requires too much racc in gear to land stuff(that means less rattk/AGI when geared for racc), so it's very hard to do this kind of dmg.


For CORs used to have regain+save TP roll, losing regain kinda need time to get used to since so many ppl don't shoot nowadays, just wait for regain to tick it up. However after each WS, shoot once still gets 100 TP with regain+save TP atmacite. If both QDs are up, I just QD twice to get 100 TP again too.

Therefore racc TP set and snapshot macro set is very important. I also try to get as much racc in gear as possible to ensure every hit lands.

All fights should end in less than 2~3 min. So berserk should be up full time.

Note that some ppl asked if doing Chaos roll instead of regain is worth it, because COR losing dmg and so on. Although I have to admit that not using regain does makes WS frequency dropped a bit, but it does increase the killing speed of entire pt greatly.

Entire pt's killing speed > COR parse No.1

If COR parse No.1 in a zerg pt, then you're doing wrong. A WAR MNK SAM DRK getting double march and chaos roll should parse higher easily.


The first time when I made a Pil pt, it was a disaster...My friend Zapxthebest is the victim of it after dying over and over because of a noob leader named Afania ._. That also made me started the idea of starting a new LS for VW with Returner. After doing research with pt setup and stalking JPs to learn from them(since JPs kill VW in extremely efficient way), I'm hoping to slowly getting away from making land mine VW pts ._.

Last Pil x4 run every kill all done in 2 min with this setup, this leads me to believe that it's the best setup for any TP zerg NM. I just got Nguul dagger the other day too, so slowly finishing Last Stand set.....Now on to farming elemental Obi ._.

Of course, B.rex is another story, since it requires BLM burn setup instead of TP zerg.......I've heard TP zerg worked, but not really brave enough to try it.

Hopefully I can get away from making land mine B.rex pt too .____.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.