Wednesday 18 January 2012

Sword

With some random VW spam, I managed to finish the sword merit WS, Requiescat.

Tbh, I didn't really merit this WS for my BLU, since I still believe CDC>all in most situations...unless you need none-elemental dmg. I more or less merit this WS so I can play with sword COR for a bit.

Not that sword COR spamming requiescat is an efficient way to play the job in anyway.

This job doesn't really need a none-elemental WS, since it has 1.the most powerful magical WS in this game 2. a JA that bypasses special dmg cut like Pil.

I only do it to fulfill my desire to play as sword COR.

I leveled the job all the way up with swords, and considering I'm a BLU main, it more or less shows that I'm a sword lover(a gun lover too)

Anyways, time to make a set for it.


Digging my inventory, this is really all I have....not sure if it's a really good set.
So far the only good sword I have is just Galenus, I guess unless I start Arch dynamis NM event in my LS I won't get a Sagasinger.....so Galenus+Joytoy for now.

The best head is Maat's cap I believe, so in order to make it work I need to revive my project Maat's cap again ;(

Body should be w body for 10 or 11 MND, which I don't have, and don't have gil to get atm, so I just fill it with random pink body.

Athos hands is probably the best in the slot.

Neck I'm not sure too, debating between faith for MND or fortitude for 7 acc/attk.

Ring should be 7 MND ring x2, but again, too cheap to get better rings....I guess I better get one someday, I need it for my BLU anyways.

Legs/feet/waist I just fill it with random items I have with MND or attack or acc.

Time to try it in Campaign or something, when nobody is watching me ;)


Yesterday when I did Qilin fight, after the fight I asked someone in pt if he has alex for sell, since he put it on AH.

Then he asked me, if I'm making the gun.

Wtf how'd he know? I swear I don't know that guy, it's my first time pt with him. I asked how'd he know, he said I just look like COR fanatic - -

I found this description actually quite accurate.

Zeig used to describe me as a "hardcore/elite COR", however my COR is really nothing hardcore/elite about. I still use stat+6 ring, and too cheap to upgrade to +7. I don't have ambushers, which any bandwagon COR nowadays with some small amount of work can get it. I don't have AGI grip, which many COR bother to camp AH would have, and don't have athos body, which any hardcore COR bother to spam flan 20 times a day would have.

Basically everything I used, are nothing better than average player, and not really better than ppl who lv the job for VW(inferior in fact), as long as they're not as cheap as me.

Ppl as cheap as me can't really be put into hardcore/elite category no? Can only be put on BG gimp thread ;)

I used to describe myself as "Career COR", however considering my favorite job changes every 3 weeks, and not really a COR at heart, this description somewhat made me uncomfortable.

I found COR fanatic fits the category more. Fanatics are blind, do none-sense stuff that no one really understands. Fanatics are dumb. I do none-sense stuff all the time, such as insist to do every event on COR and never job change or lv another job, tried to farm azure light on this job, play with evasion set and evasion solo NMs in abby, QQ about not having TH or QD debuff, play with swords and build sets for sword WS when it's not even the best way to deal dmg, play with mage mode and QQ about not having enough cure potency in gears, merit everything for it when it doesn't really offer much for the job, or try to get all relic+2 augment done when some effect ppl don't even know.......

When most ppl with right mind would just job change, lv another job, and play it normally. I like to try out new stuff no one bother to try, test stuff no one bother to test, even though it's something no one really cares.   When most ppl only try to get "important gears"  like ambusher/stat +7 rings/AGI grip, I spend time on pointless gears like 2hr and fold augment. When most ppl would build a more useful relic like Aegis, I spend my money on Death Penalty, another gun that doesn't offer much improvement over Armageddon.

Fanatic, I guess I am. Blind, dumb, and do pointless stuff. But that doesn't really make me play better than others, just better at being pointless.

No wonder Tavera often call me insane/crazy. I guess that's what he really means, I don't play the same way as majority of players in FFXI ._.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.