Wednesday 18 January 2012

Taming the beast

Although I already 5/5 Last Stand for a while, it seems that I still in the process of learning how to use it properly.

I often noticed I don't always shoot in sweet spot, which is something I have to get used to, considering COR has true shot JA to increase the dmg.

Of course, in VW shooting in sweet spot is kinda suicide, unless I have fanatic up.

I've also been debating about ideal Last Stand gear set. Vulcan's + Uther's grip v.s Nguul dagger for /WAR.

Nguul dagger obviously do more WS dmg, but Vulcan's combo gives extra 15% QD dmg plus no racc penalty.

Hmmm so hard to decide, not sure if extra WS dmg can make up the lose of 15% QD dmg or not....I'm more leaning towards Vulcan's combo atm tbh, also no racc penalty with vulcan's.

However once I finish elemental Obi grinding, I should gain another 13% QD dmg while sacrificing 3 MAB on specific day. This should somewhat catch up the QD lose without vulcan's.

So probably vulcan's on fire/light/darks day, and every other day use dagger?


If I'm meleeing for TP, I'm also debating between Nguul and multi-hit.............

Tbh, an ideal TP set with /WAR should have 29% DA and 6% TA, alone with regain roll + save TP roll, and TP gain from QD, it should somewhat close the gap between Nguul vs Joy.

However Joy still TP faster, and has higher DPS.

Another option is Striker sword, it has similar DPS to joy, a bit slower TP gain, but AGI+7 to boost WS dmg.

I think atm I'd probably stick with joy though.

That also means I pretty much just got Nguul for nothing D;

But for the purpose of epeen SS, Last Stand with this dagger sure is very good for epeen SS.



The average WF dmg I've seen when I pt with other COR(I never WF on Qilin, this is my first time fighting Qilin on COR) was about 700~800. So Last Stand is about 2~3 times more dmg.

I also don't think I WSd at right spot most of the time, that's why I often get subpar WS dmg. I also fought this Qilin with only one atmacite since I forgot to use the save TP one, so I didn't parse very well for sure(not like I can parse higher than MNK WAR double march anyways)

Do I like this WS? I have to admit I have a semi love/hate relationship with it, so many things I don't know about it that I'm not sure how to make it work properly. And yet I love the epeen spike dmg it produces. I don't use this WS on Jeuno T6s because I'm afraid that I can't make it work as well as WF on T6s. But anything T6 or lower I'm slowly learning how to tame the beast.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.