Thursday 2 February 2012

Need new SJ

In one of the B.rex run I happened to pt with Blueskysapphire, a pimp JP RNG. After some parses and some discussion about gears with him (he has COR too), it seems that /BLM will do more dmg than /RDM.

According to him, he has 103 base AGI with /BLM. I have 100 with /RDM. We're both hume F, with 12/12 AGI merit. I also asked him to change to /RDM and confirmed that /BLM does give 3 extra AGI than /RDM.

This makes /BLM probably the strongest SJ for WF CORs. Can get access to stun too, which is useful in fights like B.rex when you do need stun. Although losing plenty of support ability from /RDM like MDB, SS, Phalanx, cure, raise and refresh.

This makes me wonder if /BLU is better at this lv too.

I've tested /BLU v.s /RDM at lv 90, however at lv 99 /BLU gains 3 extra AGI compare with 90. Now /BLU has 11 extra AGI compare with /RDM, but only losing 4 MAB.

Following the rule of 2 AGI > 1 MAB, 11 AGI should beat 4 MAB.

Compare with /BLM, it's 8 AGI v.s 4 MAB. So it's pretty much equal, or a little bit better/worse. But /BLM has way more useful spell (stun and D2), while /BLU doesn't offer much useful spell besides lol Metallic body and cocoon.

Also /BLU can set a bit more HP boost spell for survive-ability I guess. After I lowered my HP merit I realized the impact of low HP is bigger than I thought......Seriously considering just screw my dream of playing COR like fake BRD and get my HP back ;(

On paper /BLU should beat /RDM, probably gonna test it soonish to make sure it's 100% better than /RDM, then I'll /BLU for WF in VW then.

Until I finish lving /BLM ;(

I really don't like to lv BLM, one of my least favorite job(besides MNK) ;(


2 comments:

  1. You also might want to consider any stat boosts you gain from setting spells as /blu and a minor form of regen, cures, haste(not very useful for cor).

    ReplyDelete
  2. /RDM has better haste and cure, plus regen spell(but not auto-regen like BLU), most of the /BLU spell have very little use in VW, compare with /BLM(still situational) and /RDM.

    But I really don't have anything else atm D;
    So have to settle with it if I want max WF dmg output.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.