Sunday 5 February 2012

20 jobs

I do /shout VW pt pretty often, and sometimes I often got /tell asking "what job you need?", if I answered "What job do you have?", I sometimes got "I have almost every job" reply.

I know now with easy +2, easy empy and easy EXP, many ppl have 10 or even 20 jobs 99.

And quite a lot of ppl tend to "look down" on those with 1 job, like it's a huge crime not to have NIN WAR MNK WHM for abyssea, BST DNC THF for dyna, or plays job like PUP etc.

I won't deny that playing only one job is pretty inconvenient most of the time. That a player with variety of job available will have easier life in this game. 

However, most of the time that if I got "I have almost every job" reply, I tend to got BLM that has no thundaja because it's "too expensive"and refuse to buy it, no magian staff too. Or WHM with only 20% cure potency. Or empy/relic DDs doing 2%~5% on parse and so on. 

One simple fact is, if you have 20 jobs, you can't be good at all of them, even if you have enough time to grind gears for all jobs, there won't be enough inv to fit them all. In fact I only have 2 jobs, and my BLU is gimp as fuck, skipped many pieces for optimal result due to inv issue etc. And I know that my BLU will never be good, it never was, and never will. 

I still don't understand why ppl would lv 20 jobs, and asked "what job do you need?" in VW pt, listed them all, when majority of jobs listed are not use-able without proper spell/gear/skill, just to get a pt invite.

Tavera said it's variety, and it's fun to play different jobs. I guess that's probably the main reason. However as this game starting to move out of Abyssea with MORE gear grind, and some design such as 3 limited merit WS, it's clear that having variety of job means you more or less have to sacrifice something. 

And I think it's a fair trade. Bandwagon 20 jobs all you want, I'm still gonna ignore your /tell to a B.rex run if you don't have Thundaja. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.