Tuesday 7 February 2012

Gender

Despite I never made it clear, every once a while I often heard ppl spreading rumor(?) about my gender, says I'm a guy and so on. And this especially happens often when ppl butt hurt about me for some stupid reasons.

Tbh, I never understand why ppl care about the player gender behind the computer so much.

So if I'm a guy controlling a female char, will that make things different from how it is? Or if I'm a female playing  a female char, will that makes things different?

Everything about this character Afania, is just an illusion exist on the internet. That doesn't really exist. What makes the player gender relevant? I can tell everyone in XI that I'm a guy(and act like one) and ppl will believe, or I can tell everyone that I'm a girl(and act like a typical female player too) and ppl will still believe, so in the end does it matter?

Note that the rumor of me being a guy often pop when someone's pissed at me for no particular reason(like parse drama this time, or joytoy drama years ago). I have no idea why. I can only guess it's because:

1. Guys often piss off other ppl more.

2. Cuz ppl expect girls to act sweet and nicer, or at least following certain behavior.

3. I really have no idea D;

I believe it's either No.1 or No.2, maybe has something to do with player skill or play style and so on. But I guess that's because ppl expect female player to have certain behavior and follow certain pattern.

I admit, I fell into this trap often. There are certain  players on this server that I never know it's a she until someone told me.

I also found that female player often has certain advantage sometimes because certain male player will act nicer to female player. Thus making male player pretending to be female a crime, and probably another reason why rumor about my gender pops here and there.

Tbh, I found it annoying. I remember once Zeig joked about wanting to make female char in game, and I also often heard ppl talking about playing as female char will have an easy life. This subtly indicated that female chars are big leech and took advantages of being a female char.

I may be wrong but personally I don't think I took advantage of being a female char and leech for achievement....maybe I did, but never really intentionally. I made my own mission statics when I wanted mission clears. Made ToAU content(salvage/nyzul etc) static when I wanted Mythic, made 18 ppl alliance for ToAU HNM when I wanted titles for Mythic, made my own Abyssea static when I wanted +2, and made my own B.rex pt many times when I wanted Athos body. I never obtain any significant EG gear back at 75 era, all relic armor/homam/ZNM obtained are lotted through points instead of cybering with leader. The only EG gear I obtained that's rare is just w.legs......but Kirin+gods are easy to kill anyways, that I don't think it's any worthwhile achievement.

I believe that if you can't get something done for certain reason, try to suck less and work harder and increase more pt efficency with better skill/gear, or do more research and thinking, or just make more mules. (I have to admit, if this is still lv 75 era and I wanted relic/homam I'd make my own lowman static for it instead of waited for months on a long list....but I was a noob with no connection back then), and that just has nothing to do with gender.

Female char or male char? It's irrelevant to me. If someone needs help and deserves help, I'd help regardless of gender. If someone deserves certain gear, I'd let he/she lot regardless of gender. And those who made decision about lotting right based on gender is kinda dumb(and unfair) IMO.


5 comments:

  1. Well Afa.... The only thing that matters are that your friends are your friends because they enjoy your company not because of you gender. I have known you for quite some time now and you are probably one out of two people that I know that has never tried to exploit people because you play a female character. People can say what the want to say because at the end of the day you are who you are and it's just a video game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D; Hold on, who are you D;

    You're making me nervous and /blush D;

    /o\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. It's Brulan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.