Wednesday 2 November 2011

Rethink

So recently I've finally started focusing on BLU a bit more and making it better, just so that I can do everything more efficiently.

I've been duoing Bri with Zeig for Almace trial, although it takes very long to collect 50 helms(mostly because getting KI takes forever between running back and forth, Bri itself was an easy kill). Also finished 25% MDT- set which is enough to reach cap with shell V, just missing shadow ring. My eva sword progress is going nicely(I can solo pull 13+ mobs in heroes zone now and still have 2k+ HP, something I previously couldn't do months ago). I certainly enjoy seeing my BLU's performance improve for everything I do in this game, a lot. And able to get something done that I previously can't makes my life a lot easier than it used to be.

I'd have to say, ever since I switch to BLU main(not really a real main, I still consider myself COR main at heart, just want to focus on BLU for a while), it changed my life in FFXI. FFXI is much more enjoyable than it used to be as I slowly pushing the potential of this job, and trying different job trait and gear sets to test the limit of this job. I found the possibility of doing something I previously couldn't do. Duoing Isgebind or Storms of fate BC is something I would never think of before, since it was a pain when I did it, now it's totally doable after some work.

Now I've been asking myself, is it still worth it to put all my resource into mythic building?

What's the point to build Mythic? This weapon hardly push the potential of COR any further besides a few situations, and more likely just an achievement now, and unlikely I will have much fun with it after it's done. The amount of time I spent on it I can just use it to pimp BLU and able try a lot more new stuff possible.

I always enjoy trying something myself or others never try before, to challenge myself. That's why I enjoy that RDM/BLU solo shinryu vid a lot, because it's challenging the impossible. And atm finishing the Mythic probably wouldn't give me much more enjoyment than say, learned and play with a new spell, and get more different gears for BLU etc.

I guess that's why my Mythic progress isn't progressing any further, between buying PDT/MDT/evasion sets for BLU and farming Almace, there's little time I can work on mythic, on top of not be able to get on everyday and only less than 2hrs a day of play time. Although I haven't been focusing on Mythic for very long time now, considering farming it doesn't give much more enjoyment than say, finishing the PDT- set for BLU.

Is Mythic really worth doing? A question to rethink.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I want Yagrush for my WHM but until the point where SE makes it easier to do this without going nuts, I'm not going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Yagrush is useful, DP suffers too much under almighty Armageddon ._.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.