Thursday 24 November 2011

Been thinking

I'm kinda temped to apply for another LS after talking to one of their sacks. And that means leaving my current LS Cynosure and become a nearly full time member(besides DP event on weekends) of another LS. I've been in Axiom/Cynosure since a lv 25 noob, and besides a few core member/sacks I'm probably one of the oldest member that still stays in LS and still plays, many other none sack members that's as old as me pretty much either quit or left LS.






I finally understand why many hardcore players dislike Abyssea and love old style HNMLS more. Thanks to the lowman nature of Abyssea, ppl in one LS no longer work together to help each other achieve their goal. New ppl keep coming(and since Cynosure is a help new ppl LS, it's very natural to keep recruiting new ppl), old ppl leave because they can't make progress unless they leave, those who already own 10+ AF3+2 jobs plus multiple empys lives in Abyssea all day long with mule/close friends. The result is the entire LS ended up consisting two type of ppl, new ppl without one job 90, or with 90 jobs but no AF3+2/missions done etc, and couldn't get help to gear their jobs properly. Older ppl is either core member like sacks, or members with close friends(so they can still make progress without LS help, and doesn't need to help LS)

This make me wonder what's the point of LS at all if ppl don't do LS event together. A glorified chat channel? When Grom made this LS, the core value of the LS is to be a LS that's “Casual, with ambition”. That means although it's a causal LS, we still do LS events. Events that requires team work.

But when you can make progress with just close friends/mules, no one would want to do anymore group event that requires more than 6 ppl.

IMO, LS events is more than just doing things together and help each other to achieve their goals. It also provides a chance to play with other ppl(instead of your mule) and learn different play style to improve your job accordingly. Once I saw someone on other forums describes his experience in HNMLS, how ppl learn from each other and become better at their jobs. It's a friendly competition, but it's more than just getting gears and achieve goals, but also by watching others play you can learn new insight of the job too.

Back in the past there are a lot of ppl I learned from when I play with other ppl. I learned a lot about COR from ppl like Tigerfury and Rezeak, I learned a lot about BLU from Agerknux and Foxx, by watching ppl that's better than me I eventually learned the new possibility of my jobs.

That's why I still stay in LS, with ppl come and go in LS, there needs to be someone showing the rope to the newer ppl in LS, since most of the more dedicated members either do their own stuff, or leave LS when they need to make progress. If someone is needing help with an NM or cleave burn feet farm I'm often the first one to jump out and help if I'm free, or offered help on the forum if anyone needs any abby NM killed. But my motivation is more than just helping them, but more like to show other ppl how I play my jobs so hopefully it can inspire them some how. I'm not that type of person that will call someone gimp right away when I see ppl not playing properly. So I'd rather just do it in action and hopefully they learn a thing or two. When ppl asking for help to do cleave burn feet farm I offered help, but mostly just to show him how to CW faster without getting plenty of ppl to help so he can do it himself next time. I take my chance to pt with other newer BLU for Abyssea NMs often, just to show them how to DD on BLU properly(since most ppl just loves to spam QC on skeletons over and over and waste MP + never gear swap). I gave up my chance to leech a job in LS EXP pt and change to my lv 95 BLU just because I see some LS member(you probably know who I'm talking about if you're in LS) only doing 1.6k~3k Blade:Hi average on Altepa dolls......which is same average dmg as my vorpal blade on my average joe BLU. I job change to BLU and started vorpal spam, hopefully he'd realized that he is doing it wrong when he compare his numbers with other ppl(you're doing it very wrong if your Hi is as bad as vorpal). And even Zeig said nobody would care.

But really, if you don't care(when someone else actually change to another job while leeching to show you that you're doing it wrong), how'd you ever improve?


Yes, that's exactly what happened when you only play with close friends or mules, you never get a chance to play with different ppl besides the ppl you already know, you never get to see different styles of playing, and how different ppl solve their problems. You will spam that gimp Hi over and over and never realized it's gimp. Or become a BLU that spams Gob rush and QC over and over and never realized it's less MP efficient than spamming HS and delta thrust. I even post a bit of opinions and experience share on LS forum just give newer BLUs an idea how this job is like and how to do it properly, but yes, it seems no one would care. What do they care instead? Build an empy, or even Mythic. Fight PW, kill Kirin, before even having proper atmas and AF3+2s, plus not even know how to gear/play it right.

Being a causal player myself, I always believe a causal player can get something meaningful done too, and always try to encourage other ppl to do the same. But really, playing with a mule/close friend and refuse to learn and help others won't get you anywhere, even if you have 1338 empys.

And kinda a shame now that this game is so easy nowadays that even a player who doesn't bother to learn how to play/gear properly can still make legendary gears like relic/empy/mythic without LS help.


I guess that's why I liked VW a lot, I get to pt with more good players on this server from different LS, compare my performance with others, learn from other ppl by watching other ppl perform. Eventually I realized I need to make progress myself too. I was hoping other ppl in LS can be better at their job, then eventually inspire me and help me get better too, just like how Tigerfury inspired me on COR and I ended up came up with new ideas that he admires.....but ever since Agerknux and Tigerfury left the game I don't really know a lot of dedicated player who really loves their job and good enough to inspire me in something anymore.

Eventually I realized I need to walk out, if I want to get better at my own job(s). Since most of the older/more dedicated players in LS all left, or refuse to play with other LSmates, and I haven't play with anyone good at their jobs for ages except VW pt.

But if I leave, where should I go?






And yes, I usually don't turn on my elitist mode because I don't think I'm an elite tier player and really have no right to turn on elitist mode towards other ppl. I guess I changed, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.