Saturday 26 November 2011

Back to FFXIV....for a bit

I have't log into FFXIV for ages, not since I went back to XI. Since I only have enough time to play one game.

Recently I felt a bit burned out in XI so decided to go back to XIV for a bit. I haven't really played since last update.

Man, this game changes A LOT.



I realized I don't really know anything about XIV anymore.


So time to read some forums ;/

And of course, I'm most curious about up coming class/job system, so I decided to take a look......

Gladiator---->Paladin

Marauder---->Warrior

Pugilist------>Monk

Lancer---->Dragoon

Archer----------->Bard..............wut!?

I really don't understand FFXIV anymore. I mean, ppl complained about Conjurer--->WHM(instead of BLM), but it's still understandable since Conjurer gets Cures. But Archer---->Bard this is just totally not understandable.

According to the forum discussion:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/30993-ARC-should-not-be-a-Bard/

Bards in many MMORPG settings uses bow, therefore Archer---->Bard.

I feel this is the typical example of adding something new without planned before hand. For me it looks more like they want a Bard job, but they can't find any class that fits this job, so they have to do Archer--->Bard.

But really, a heavy DD class to a support role job, doesn't make any fking sense.

I guess in FFXIV Bard will be a more DD/buff hybrid class, like COR in FFXI, instead of weak sauce BRD in FFXI.

I don't know if FFXIV still plan to release Musketeer, but if they do it's probably not gonna be a DD/buff hybrid like in FFXI since Archer already taken that role.

I mentioned that I was interested in playing Bard in FFXIV long time ago, does that means I need to lv Archer now? ;( So sad. I don't like bow and arrow ;(

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.