Sunday 1 May 2011

Sinister

1.5 year ago I joined an EGLS called Sinister because my friend Satansspawn was in there. I ended up staying in Sinister, I'm not a full time member, mostly just join them for some ZNM, Einherjar and Sea. But it's still the EGLS I joined for the longest time.
It's where I get to experience many EG event I never get a chance to, and also where I met some well geared player and plays this game seriously. It's also where I get to know some of the more successful player such as Stealthkiller.

After Abyssea update the the leader of Sinister, Sabretooth quitted, Harpunnik ended up running the rest of the abyssea event,
and a few weeks ago Stealthkiller told me Harpunnik quitted too and now the LS is completely dead.

I guess that's how MMORPG goes, someone started a LS, then LS dies. People come, people quit.

Maybe I should be more sentimental about this, after all it's my first EGLS and one LS I spent most time on. But I guess I'm way too used to it so I just toss the pearl without second thought, or maybe because I never feel Sinister is my real home. I joined Stealthkiller's LS, now his LS is very big because many Sinister member joined. Why I joined a EU timezone event LS is something I never understand...maybe it's just because I'm searching, searching for an event LS I feel happy to be with and feel right at home.

I guess I'm just a lone wolf type of person, never belong to any group, never truly be a part of a LS, which often cause trouble and drama just because I didn't log on for events 5 times a week.

Time to move on.

I still can't make up my mind about taking a break in FFXI or not. Maybe I should take a break for 3 years and come back after 3 years? What will I do after 3 years? I have no idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Afania, glad you had good times in Sinister. (This is Harpunnik)Happened to come across this post this evening and read it over. Wish I could of stuck it out longer until Sabre came out but post abyssea linkshells were tough to run and on top of it I have a young family I am now taking care of and putting first. Hope life is well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.