Friday 6 May 2011

PLD

After Abyssea came out, PLD has became one of the least respected job in this game.....

A few days ago I somehow teamed up with Agerknux's PLD(it seems that he's been enjoying PLD recently after Ochain finished...) to kill last few Isgebind to finish lv90 Armageddon, and I somehow changed my view for PLD after the pt....

I've killed Isgebind many times, with brew or without. With all sorts of pt setup. If the tank is MNK/WAR there is no way I would pop this NM without a WHM. I tried MNK+RDM BLU healer and it doesn't work too well at all because of enmity from Cure IV. Sometimes even with MNK+WHM or NIN+WHM shit can still happen if WHM got paraed after the tank got hit by spells.

However, with Ager's PLD tank, I can come BLU/WHM and still keep him alive, since he can self-buff shell IV and take very little dmg from Isgebind's attack. In fact I think he can probably duo Isgebind with a none-mage healer such as DNC or DRG/WHM.....

I guess that's the advantage of PLD over MNK NIN, if the pt has no WHM or even a proper healer job, PLD can still keep himself alive and let the fight goes on forever. With self-cure/self-buff and lots of refresh in Abyssea, plus some dmg absorb from gears. While MNK/WAR can deal way more dmg, it also took way more dmg than PLD when fighting NMs like Kur+Isgebind, and really require a WHM to Cure V spam.

Now that Burtang+Aegis getting buff, PLD takes even less dmg now. Maybe PLD can be used when the entire pt has no healer job? Either way I just don't think PLD is useless, you can get the job done with MNK+WHM, but come on, not everyone have WHM levelled.

Yeah I tried to lv my WHM just to kill Isgebind for lv 90 Armageddon, I got it to 70 and really can't go on anymore ;(
I consistently question myself what's the point to lv a job if I don't want to play it, don't want to get stuck with it and don't want to buy other none-Cure V Cure VI spells. Probably I should stop lv WHM now since I got my 90 Armageddon done already, and about to say good bye to abyssea since new game content is here XD.

2 comments:

  1. yo Afa, have you seen this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZp4Q244Vsw

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oKh0yEGC2M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Ager pulled 10000 mobs in Abby and took 0~5 dmg very often XD, so no need to watch video lah! I watch it live!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.