Saturday 6 August 2011

Merit capped

I never really try to grind merit points after recent merit cap increase, I just let merit point comes by naturally. So it took me a while to finally cap my merit on those new stats.

Anyways, here's the review of how I merit my char.

HP/MP:
HP 12/12

Tbh I'd do MP if triggering the latent effect of Uggly pendant isn't that much of a pain if I'm on COR/DD

If SE release any neck piece that has higher MAB than Uggly pendant in the future and I get it, then I'd do MP 12/12.


Attributes:
AGI 8/8

When merit cap increase I tried to put 2~3 merit into STR, since my BLU's dmg output is wayyy behind other DDs and having 8 STR lower instead of 5 STR can really hurt a lot. Plus with events outside of abyssea coming I may need slug shot more on COR as well. Then in the end I decided I'll still stuck with AGI, lowered all my STR merit to 0 and get that AGI to 8/8. I never regret it since then. AGI 8/8 is so awesome.
I just have to figure out the damn MAB v.s AGI ratio for WF, which I've been testing extensively recently.

Combat skills:
Sword 8/8
Dagger 8/8
Marksmanship 8/8
Evasion 4/4
Parry 4/4

Obvious enough, fully merited all the main combat skill for my BLU and COR, putting the rest of the merit into evasion and parry for tanking/survive-ability

Magic skills:
Blue magic skill 8/8


I may put enfeebling magic to 8/8 for RDM due to the fact that RDM maat fight is very challenging and having the merit helps. I'll do it if I fail to win XD


Others:
Crit-hit rate 5/5
Spell interruption rate 5/5

Since I'm not tank job/healer job main, there are no other choice.

I think enemy crit-hit rate may be useful for tanking on BLU/solo/survive-ability, but so does spell interruption rate.

BLU G1:
Physical potency 5/5
Magic accuracy 5/5

Tbh I think CA recast is way more beneficial than magic acc, at least for me. If you only use BLU for CW burn and yellow proc whore then magic acc would be better choice, but I used BLU for everything, it's my only DD job atm, and I use it as a DD job way more than other ppl who has other DD jobs. And I rarely do CW burn XD

Prehaps I should change to CA recast some other time if I get merit, but let me see how's lv 85 EG event going first.

BLU G2:
Convergence 1/5
Diffusion 1/5
Enchainment 3/5
Assimilation 5/5

5/5 for Assimilation which is a must have, 1 for Convergence and Diffusion just to have this JA in case I need it, rest goes to Enchainment, Pretty standard no?


COR G1:
PR recast 3/5
QD recast 5/5
QD acc 2/5

I admit the way I merit COR is very weird and very different from rest of the player base. Most of the COR players do QD recast and acc 5/5, and totally freak out about QD acc if it's not 5/5. However I didn't have G1 complete until Abyssea pt introduced, did quite a lot of lv 75 group events without any QD acc merit, and most of the time it won't bother me. I have no problem landing light shot in merit pt/einherjar/dyna without a light staff and QD acc merit, and QD is just too inefficient as a way to deal dmg due to it's long recast time unless you're soloing and only use QD to do dmg. (I don't really notice QD dmg drop without 5/5 merit anyways). In the end I put 3 merit to PR recast time and get the recast time lower to 49 sec with ASA pants augment, and keep that 2 acc merit just to be safe.

I never regret not having QD acc 5/5, if I want to change anything I'd lower it to 0 and get PR recast to 5/5(especially with new No.11 bonus update, the more often you roll, the more chance you can get to No.11 and started a series of glorious No.11 chain). However, every time I ended up having to face that "you're doing it wrong without QD acc 5/5" voice and having to defend for it, which is pretty annoying >.>

COR G2:
Snake eye 5/5
Fold 1/5
Winning Streak 3/5
Loaded Deck 1/5

This is the exact same way to merit COR as JP job guide suggested. The main advantage of meriting this way is you get to keep DD buffs(or other buffs that's beneficial to yourself) a bit longer if you're doing roll rotations. And you generally have to roll less and DD more. Once again, most(but not all) of the player base think Snake eye 5/5 Fold 4/5 Loaded Deck 1/5 is superior, once I even have to face the insult from another player in LS since he thinks Winning Streak is entirely useless.

However since recent No.11 update most of the player base is beginning to believe Winning Streak is superior, glad I don't have to redo the merit(and defend for it) now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.