Thursday 5 August 2010

First PvP experience

I did a bit of Brenner with peeps from Tavera's LS as a Blue mage. It's my first PvP experience in this game, and I'd say it's very fun and requires a lot of skill, strategy, and team work. In fact, it's more fun than at least 99% of stuff I do in FFXI -.-
I've heard a lot about ppl saying PvP in FFXI sucked, over and over again. I also heard ppl saying jobs like Blue mage is very powerful in PvP. Giving me an impression that FFXI's PvP system sucked and have job balance problem. However, after I tried Brenner I can safely say it's not that bad.
With it's versatile ability, it's true that Blue mage really pwn in Brenner, especially against melee only jobs, but only in 1 v.s 1 situations. In fact, melee only jobs pretty much stand no chance against jobs that can sleep, bind, and nuke. With full MP, I can take 2 melee jobs at once easily, just cast Regurgitation(bind) on one of them, and take down another one. With Headbutt and Actinic Burst, those melee jobs can hardly harm me. For those who try to run and keep a distance with me, Cannonball can take them down. I found BLM more deadly in fact, they can sleep/bind, and their nuke really hurts, with new Teal set fast cast, they may land a big spell really fast.
However, since you don't always 1 v.s 1 in Brenner, the job balance problem isn't that bad. Just have a healer in a pt, and cast Erase and cure when melee being bound and slept, have DRK or BLM throw a few stuns, there is still a chance to beat a BLU with team work. Not to mention can't win the match by just beating ppl up :>
Sadly, SE doesn't really focus on the PvP part of FFXI, and many players are not even interested in doing them. If PvP can provide some nice reward, then I guess more ppl would like it a bit more. Such a waste, FFXI is a game focus on team work, and PvP is a great place to make full use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.