Friday 27 August 2010

Courser's Roll and Blitzer's Roll, "Support" COR and "DD" COR

Courser's Roll (COR Lv.81)
Enhances "Snapshot" effect for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 3. Unlucky number: 9.

Haste for ranged attackers!



Blitzer's Roll (COR Lv.83)
Reduces melee attack delay for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 4. Unlucky number: 9.

Looks like a new zerging buff for KC DRKs??
Or maybe good for 1 hand weapon users?

There is a discussion going on about using COR for zerging situations. COR is not as efficient as BRD when doing rotations(P.S you can have a bust effect on you, roll-> Random deal-> roll switch pt-> 2hr-> roll-> Random deal-> roll if you want to buff many pts as fast as possible), therefore it's usually not used when zerging. With this new roll, hopefully I'll get a pt invite when DRKs zerging.

I used to suggest ppl don't merit Winning streak and put them in fold instead because No.11 now stays for 10 min, if ppl use CORs in zerging situations more often in the future, this may change again.

Yeah, I'm the victim of putting merit in Winning streak and loved it, then new No.11 rule came out, and now I'm finding Winning Streak less and less useful because of the new rule.

Oh and by the way,

Job Traits:
COR Lv.85 True Shot

Sounds like a new DD JT SE promised earlier?
Err....to be precise, SE promised COR will contribute more dmg output in the pt in future updates.
I don't know if this JT will make COR more "DD" or not. IMO, DD COR's biggest problem is:

1.Low combat skill

My acc/racc can't cap(Marksmanship and sword all 8/8) in most of the endgame events without /RNG + food, forcing myself to gear for acc/racc instead of haste/rattk. And /RNG in endgame events lowers the survivability, so I ended up /WHM most of the time because it's safe.

2.Lack of gears

Ok,oberon's Bullets are nice, and one bullet costs 5k now and most of the time not on AH, therefore I'm still using steel bullets while RNGs rock with Dweomer Bullets. Hell I want to WS in Osode tooooo

3.Lonnnnnnggg delay of guns

During higher lv NM fight, especially NM with AoE and deadly TP moves, DD with ranged attack is better than meleeing. However, the delay of guns are just wayyy tooo longgg. I need to give 2 buffs to melees and 2 buffs to mages, also assist sleeping and using QD, there is really only a little time to shoot stuff. In fact, even if I'm meleeing, I still have little time to DD.

4.Doing support is just more beneficial to the pt than DD sometimes.....

There are times I /WHM as asked, and found /WHM totally useless and just gimp my already gimp dmg output. And there are times I decide to DD, then regretted it later , because I can help the pt more if I spend less time DD and spend more time doing support. Yeah, sometimes not doing dmg is actually more beneficial to the pt. I can just engage the mobs and do dmg, use all my QD charges for more dmg, and keep DD buffs on myself most of the time. However, I also know that I can help the pt a bit more if I don't engage the enemy, pay attention to which mob is awake and sleep them ASAP, spend more time on rolls for better buffs(this includes doing double-up on 6 30~40 sec after using PR, bust while getting far away from pt member on purpose so I can redo the rolls for better buffs as soon as possible, all very time consuming), or removing status ailment with /WHM or /SCH. The only situations I found COR spending more time to DD is useful is in merit/EXP pt, limbus, Dyna and Nyzul really.

Yes, I regret doing dmg on JoL, Odin and Salvage boss. I can help the pt a bit more if I don't DD on those. And I doubt one job trait is going to make "DD" COR better than "Support" COR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.