Sunday 15 July 2012

Legion notes

So far it's been 2 weeks(2 runs) since I started legion with HouseAtreus LS.

I started leading after 2nd week, to deal with pt organization and shit. Dragging ppl that's good at certain spot, decide what buff to use, decide pt setup, call pt rotation and so on.

And I can't help but enter Afania whiny/rant mode:

"ZOMG LEGION IS HARD"


Even 1st starting 4 halls, I'd rate it as hard, or probably harder, than Einherjar T3 at 75.

And certainly one of the currently hardest event atm. I'd rate it harder than OdinII, just because OdinII you can bring more ppl to deal with that shitty amount of HP, while legion is limited with 18 ppl.

The thing is, with 18 ppl, the entire ally is like a 100 year old machine....hard to get it move the way I want. Any one person make a mistake, it often had pretty big impact on killing speed.

And due to limited amount of time and small zone, there are very little room for error.
Any fail pull, fail link, fail aggro, fail PD, fail Embrava, fail nuke or fail accuracy will result pt wipe, and may ended up time out.

But anyways, enough rant.

Just as everyone says, accuracy is very bad in legion, even with Madrigal, DRK still parsed 60% acc. BRD only has empy 90, so only 3 songs. Even if BRD has 4 songs+2x Madrigal, I highly doubt melees will cap acc unless they SV due to 2nd Madrigal sucked. The best solution for this is probably use hunters+chaos on COR. Will sacrifice DA roll, but DA roll is never potent enough to begin with, not to mention the amount of DA DDs already packed with nowadays. In fact an average number hunter's roll probably still not cap acc unless DDs do some acc swap to TP set.

DDs would probably need to parse and find out correct way to gear.

I'm still not used to /SAM or even DD outside of VW on COR. COR's damage output outside of VW is much, much lower with much slower TP speed, (Q.Q). Hopefully I can get back and get better at DDing in legion D; Now need to make new macro for /SAM JAs so I can pop right JAs faster.....Sek WF WF for 1st SC on turtle, reset Sek with random deal if all other JAs are up after popping Snake eye to force reset Sek. Then Meditate Fire shot fire shot after another WF to pull of 2nd SC. That's 3 SC without using 2hr on turtle and only need to gain total 300 TP to pull off, which shouldn't be that slow with triple shot.

I also need to change merit a bit due to how legion works(since my merit is currently for VW+Prov)

HP/MP: Going to cap out HP for now, the more HP I have, the more hit I can sustain.

I should just alter between HP/MP depending on what I do next anyways, since my merit is often capped. In dyna solo on BLU I gain more benefit from MP merit, but in VW/Legion or Abyssea HP is probably the way to go.

Group1: Nothing to change here, PR recast/QD recast is still the most optimal choice, especially with limited time, less PR recast means faster buffs.

Group2: Probably going to change to Snake eye 5/5 Winning streak 3/5 Fold 1/5 RD1/5.
Tbh, VW really changed the way how CORs roll, the fact that it's a pop NM, and there are rift to hold buffs, allow COR to pop much better rolls. There are many times I needed snake eye, but snake eye recast time not up and pt not popping anytime soon, I just lock my double-up status and wait until snake eye up again. It's certainly much easier to have a No.11 up and more time to bust and retry.

But in legion, there really isn't much time to aim for good numbers, and probably need to rely on snake eye 5/5 to get more chance for No.11. I'm totally spoiled in VW, and just want to live in VW ;<

Since I rebuff pt after every kill, may as well make the duration shorter(although it'd be the best if each buff can last for 2 NM to reduce the pt rotate time, which is something I need more time to experiment with)

Anyways, hopefully we can clear Hall of Mul one day....seems like a long way to go, and somewhat stressing to shoulder everything DX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.