Tuesday 27 December 2011

Holiday

After a few days of lv 99 update, I logged on to XI and found XI actually pretty fun to play with this update. At least not as bad as previous update, since I have a lot more time to play during the holiday, time to catch up some progress while I semi-quit.

I found VW a lot more enjoyable now, unless it's some NM no one wants to kill. One reason is because many old VW dies so fast and pt cap light so fast, that it's not so taxing to spam multiple ones. Second reason is because I need merit.........a lot of merits for new WSs. And VW is just a very good way to cap merits.

Dynamis is also a lot more fun, the fact that it has higher drop rate on forgotten items from DC mobs and you need 20k EXP with that gear equipped kinda encourage players get out of bubu comfort zone and BST solo mentality. Now you need to compromise for certain setup if you want augment, can't no longer solo every EP mob on BST ;)

Although my only complaint is relic+2 and it's augment is kinda lame, so kinda hard to find ppl wanting to do it ;(

Other wise I'm happy with this dyna, I feel like it's going back to old dyna again, crowd control(DC mobs can be very dangerous if mega link), group play, variety of pt setup(since you'd have to play sub-optimal jobs if you want to augment) etc.

I also started lving COR again......since it's useful for VW especially that evil flan in bubu, and "some ppl" always complains that I don't play it and wasting other's effort etc - -, not to mention there are many new stuff I wanna play/test with on this job. I guess time to lv it to 99.

Although I have to admit, I haven't job change, and haven't play this job for MONTHS, and totally suck to the ball while playing now ;( I realized my old macros are nearly unuseable with many new gears I have and must do a new one, and I'm unaware of the tools of my disposal many times. Now I have to force myself to play it for every event including dyna(Alex probably gonna rage) to practice it ;( In fact I probably played it worse than majority of population now lol.

Mannn, playing any job other than BLU feel so weird now, I feel like playing other ppl's character ;(

Anyways.

So what are the new things I wanna test? New WSs, VW with atmacite and so on. Plus relic+2 augments.

One thing about relic +2 augment that's interesting is, one of the relic +2 actually augments Fold and allows it to erase 2 rolls, which is obviously situationally useful if you happened to roll 2 bad rolls and want to get rid of them both, and it's chance is also depending on the amount of Fold merit you have, since I only have 1 Fold merit, that means the chance of Fold erase 2 bad rolls gonna be low.

Now that reminded me long time ago about my argument on LS forum about Fold 1/5 v.s 4/5 or even 5/5.

One of the player on SE forum pointed out that Random Deal with Loaded Deck merit will always reset the JA with shorter recast time. His/her strategic use for it is COR/THF double flee when moving from places to places for missions, COR/THF used both Fold and Flee, then use random deal will always reset Flee since it's on shorter recast timer. Although I don't see it that useful due to /THF have no sneak/invis etc. However I do see the potential in this, that means Fold 1/5 merit, besides you can get super long lasting rolls with Winning Streak, you can also get long recast Fold, which allows you to reset almost any JA with Random Deal as long as Fold is waiting for recast.

That means offensive JAs like Triple shot, Meditate, Sekkanoki, they can all be resetted easily as long as Fold is used.

Hmmmmmmmm

Double Sekkanoki in VW, doesn't sound bad huh? With new temp item that gives 0 enmity, Fold a roll, 300 TP up, Sekkanoki, (can't use QD here or else it'd reset QD instead)WF WF Darkness, eat wing, Random deal, Sekknoki WF WF, that's 12k dmg right off the bat without even using single QD/2hr/meditate(yes you can repeat the whole process again after using meditate and 2hr)

After 2 Sekkanoki darkness, QD WF QD WF meditate WF 2hr repeat ;Q


But that's so hard to do without 3rd pt tool - -


Well of course the trade off is it'd get hard to reset 2 rolls during certain situations. However I did a short and quick test, Random Deal does reset SAM abilities after Fold is used, the only problem is if I just used QD or PR, it will reset those instead, so gonna be very careful when using it since I don't use 3rd pt tool....................

Also I wonder if that makes Random deal recast worth meritting for VW since you'd get free Sek or Meditate.....assuming your QD acc isn't an issue of course.

Great! Too much COR talk in this post, I guess Project Almace delay even more now(Haven't kill Bri for decades)

EDIT: Actually resetting Sek instead of QD may not be as good if 1000 DDs on NM ruining the SC.....probably another thing need to take care of.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I just thought about it, sek/meditate doesn't really need Fold to reset, Warding circle would work too since WC is 10 min...........therefore can save a Fold...this may apply to other JAs if that SJ has long recast JSs. However I just did some more test and pretty sure shorter recast JA doesn't always reset, cuz Random deal just resetted Warding Circle with 9+ min recast instead of Meditate.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.