Thursday 24 March 2011

My FFXI retrospective- Top 10 (3)

No.2 Einherjar

To be precise Einherjar is not really dead, at least IIRareII is still doing it randomly. However since most of the LS(LS that does Einherjar on a set time at least) no longer doing it I consider it's dead now ._.

Einherjar is my favorite EG event in this game, because it's shorter than everything else, and fairly challenging.

I did my first Einherjar run(T1) with a my first EGLS which I forgot the name. But that LS disbanded after 2 weeks so I ended up having to join Sinister for Einherjar, but ended up doing Einherjar with Escaflowne due to schedule change and such.

Einherjar T3 used to be very hard for average LS that's not full time endgame. We experienced quite a lot of difficulties on T3. I ended up putting some effort to upgrade my gear just for this LS event. I even made a /WHM max MP set, something most COR/WHM on this server never bother to make.

I remember the chair NM with it's demons used to be an nightmare when it popped. It was pretty frustrating that one more T3 clear to Odin and we ended up unable to clear T3 for weeks with chair NM popping multiple times. So yeah, T3 is hard, very hard XD. Dynabus once even has drama after failing certain T3 run(and paused their Einherjar for months because they can't clear T3 at 75 cap), so yeah it was an nightmare XD

In the end I still managed to clear Odin with Escaflowne. IMO it was quite an accomplishment since Esca has slightly less people than other EGLS, most of the time we didn't even have enough people.

After lv cap increase Esca stopped doing this event and I ended up having to go back to Sinister for Einherjar. Then Sabretooth quited and Sinister became an Abyssea only LS, I ended up joining Dynabus(they finally managed to get to Odin after lv cap increase), 1 month later Dynabus disbanded and now I just randomly join IIRareII's run for my Mythic project.

Besides ichor, there are some gears I wanted from Einherjar: W body/head and Hofud. Those 3 items used to be so rare and consider a "god like gear" back at 75. They're not really omg so godly awesome gear and were pretty situational, just very hard to obtain and can be quite an achievement. Sadly after 1.5 years of doing Einherjar I never get any of them. W body/head and Hofud never drop when I did Einherjar with Esca and Sinister. Body and head dropped once when I did Einherjar with Dynabus but I didn't get the lotting right because I didn't do Einherjar with them since the beginning. Since most of my old event LS all disbanded or became Abyssea only, I probably won't complete my wyrmal gear set which only lacking body and head. I guess wyrmal and homam 5/5 are probably two of the dream that it'll never come true unless SE fix Einherjar and Limbus in the future :(

1 comment:

  1. Valauge here,
    I would definitely start an Einherjar of my own if I could cover the entrance fees myself. People I've spoken to so far seem to be of the mindset that they'd come, but not if they have to pay out of pocket(I imagine since the rewards aren't so fantastic anymore).

    In my opinion, currently Einherjar is the most difficult part of the mythic process. The other parts(aside from maybe the T4 ZNMs) can at least be done with a very small group if you know what you're doing. Einherjar on the other hand requires a great deal more people over a protracted period of time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.