Sunday 13 March 2011

Last day before server shut down

Saturday SE announced they're going to temporary shut down XI and XIV server due to earthquake, and FFXI became a quite different experience. (?)



Well, at first I did one Einherjar run with RareII LS as usual for ichor, then I got bored and tired of all the abyssea drama BS I've experienced so I decided to do something causal with Cynosure, I made a LS EXP pt for my lv 22 SAM, and got it to lv 26 after a couple hours of grinding. The new EXP rate is certainly very good, although still not as good as AF burn. Once again, "that person"(I don't even bother to mention his name now) often laughed at me for doing stuff in FFXI slowly in bad method while he lv jobs by AF burn/abyssea fast and easy, but at least doing EXP pt with LS is fun, and I get to play the job properly, better than leech a job all the way up and still have no idea how a job works.

I got SAM to 26 and got access to hasso. Under Brak's instruction, I also tried 2hr and did 3 WS at once with skillchain. It was pretty fun to spam so many WS in a row for skillchain actually. Can't wait until 40 when I have full access to Sekkanoki and Meditate for more skill chain. I mean, can't want until SAM finish as SJ so I can do Wildfire spam skillchain super zerg on COR/SAM *_* 4 hit Sekkanoki Wildfire Wildfire QD Meditate Wildfire QD random deal QD QD Wildfire 2hr 300TP Sekkanoki Wildfire Wildfire(repeat the rest.....) That's like 7~8 Wildfire at once, in abyssea is 24k~48k total WS dmg without any delay, and extra skillchain dmg too. I guess that's why SE give COR skillchain bouns roll, to do skillchain super zerg with Wildfire *_*

Then after pt disband, I joined Zeig's Shinryu run and got my torque and knife that no one wants, now I finally got everything I want from that BC, no more Shinryu for me unless I level proc jobs XD And thanks for letting me in anyways, since I didn't really do anything except BLU/THF TH3 whore~~

Well, so far nothing goes wrong....I joined LS event, do stuff with LS as usual, then suddenly.....

SE announced that they're going to shut down the server for a while because of earthquake.....WUT?

Port Jeuno suddenly turned into chat mode, with everyone chatting in /shout about this. I decide to go to Abyssea and test COR/SCH azure light farm before they shut down the server.

I’ve been wanting to semi-retire BLU for a while and make it a yellow proc job only, simply because I don’t get to play COR. BLU is one million time more useful than COR and I ended up playing as BLU all the time, and now I play COR like shit because I don’t get to pratice ._. But if I play as COR in abyssea, even if I don’t need to proc yellow it’s still hard to farm TE and such. So the first problem I need to solve is to farm azure light on COR, which can be done with /SCH dark art.

Anyways, atma of Lone wolf/Ultimate/Beyond, wizards roll No.5. Dmg after Fire shot dmg+20%. I forgot to equip my Veuglaire and didn't use temp items, so this is not the best dmg.



Oooo I'm nuking on CORRRRR


That kind of dmg of course isn't as good as other mage jobs, my BLU still farm azure 1000 times more efficent, and BLM can do 10x more dmg. But it's still enough to get the job done, not to mention I can use Manifestation to AoE it as well.

However, I have to say besides azure farming I don't really like /SCH that much. Compare with /WHM it lacks Cure IV, Stona and haste if I'm doing support. Haste is probably not that important because COR/mage is usually not main heal and other healer can do the haste, but lack of Cure IV and Stona really hurts. SCH 45 also has no access to firestorm, so it can't really boost my QD/WF dmg that much compare with /RDM. Perhaps wait until lv 99 for more weather spells.

Then I went back to Jeuno and joined their /shout chat. About earthquake in Japan, and some random stuff.
People started doing /dance near Abyssea NPC, or /follow Red Ghost. In the end it turned into a big animal train....




Gob, choco, rabbit, bomb, worm, tarutaru, ninja and pirate @ Red ghost.


I chill in Jeuno and joined their /shout chat, also run into some old friends I haven't seen for long time such as Vilvrean and Tuvae. Evil Vilvrean retaced me so no Jeuno /shout chat for me ;_;

I logged out right before SE shut down the server. Time to focus on school a bit more now, since semester is ending soon so I have lots of project, plus I need to find a job after this semester ends. I guess it's at least it's good for me that no FFXI for a while so I can focus on RL. See you all after server back up online!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Afa,
    How did you capture the log in FFXI? FRAPS (or any other alternative)? Assuming that you weren't just being cautious the other day about Windower when you denied using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set FFXI in window mode, which can be changed in Config(So yes, it's nothing illegal) Then I used windows snipping tool which allows the computer to capture the entire screen.

    For some reason I can use snipping tool while running FFXI no problem without using windower. So no, you don't need windower to do this.

    And stop assuming I'm using it DX I'm a legal player DX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well FRAPS is 100% legal, it's just a capture software for MMOs.
    And well I don't consider using the default Windower plug-ins an accusation. (some plug-ins may be considered borderline cheating though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I think I can play this game just fine with zero plug-ins and stuff, so I don't feel like I need to use it. Although macro in FFXI really sucked and sometimes it's hard to compete with those who used them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.