Sunday 3 April 2011

So, FF14

In case if you're wondering why I update my blog slooooowly recently, that's because I've been busying playing FF14 and playing less 11 now. I'm currently focusing on Pugilist(h2h weapons) and Gladiator(Sword), although I may eventually try all the classes. SE fixed quite a lot of problem in 14 recently, so I'm enjoying 14 very much atm, for me it's way more fun than 11 right now, since 11 is pretty boring atm with recycled area over and over again, and adding new gears and more gears for more grind etc. I guess after 2 years of playing this game and doing same game content over and over again, I'm more or less getting tired of 11, with recycled game content and areas. While 14 has lots of new stuff to explore and potential. Plus I'm loving the causal atmosphere of 14, while 11 is full of competition and elitism.

I believe if SE wants to keep 11 running, dropping PS2 support is inevitable. SE get away with it this year by adding abyssea and used recycled map. What about next year, or 5 years later? Or even 10 years later? Are they going to run 11 10 years later with same old zone and game content?

Well anyways, I still log on to 11 to do Nyzul/Wotg static and to complete some abyssea gears such as lv 90 empyrean guns. But it already losing the charm it once has when I first started.

From now on I may occasionally post my adventure in FF14 as well. After I make more progress in 14. Hopefully they release musketeer class soon so the class I play in 14 can match the blog title XD.

1 comment:

  1. The "PS2 limitations" thing are vastly overblown or just outright false. They do exist, but there's tons of free space left on the PS2 HDD. It's a 40GB drive, so you've got ~37GB of actual space. Of that ~22GB is still free. The actual space issues have to do with SE doing the downloading, copying, updating, and replacing files in a moronic manner.

    The reason we're seeing reused areas from WotG, Abyssea, etc, is because they can do that with fewer people (few, if any artists and 3D modelers, for example) and for less money. The promised updates to Dynamis look to be more of this.

    I think 11's biggest problem at the moment is that they outdated everything else with Abyssea, and there's plenty to do in Abyssea, but that's all there is that's really worth doing. Particularly, if you've previously done some endgame stuff. That, and they've pretty much only been doing real work on 14 or haven't even hinted at what's in 11's future.

    Also, if you put FFXI or FFXIV tags on posts the TTTO will label them accordingly, so anyone who's annoyed by non-FFXI stuff won't have an excuse to complain.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.