Wednesday 1 December 2010

RDM and new update

RDM used to be one of the best healer after getting Convert and Refresh because of the amount of MP they can use. @75, they're the best healer in Nyzul, any EXP pt 41+, pink bird merit pt and such. WHM is supposed to be THE healing class in FFXI, but only in a few situations they're more useful than RDM for as a healer/support role in pt.

So I guess that's why SE is slowly making what RDM is supposed to be, debuff/buff class instead of healing class, and let jobs like WHM to focus on healing. I know a lot of RDMs are QQing about not getting Cure V in this update, but I like the way SE changes RDM back to what it's for.

Tbh, I think RDM used to be a broken mage class in this game, lasts longer than WHM as a healer, have access to beast debuff spells, best solo class and decent tank. Guess that's why SE is nerfing RDM in everyway and only keeping the debuff/buff part.

2 of the most broken classes(SAM as DD, RDM as mage) didn't get much new stuff recently, guess that's how SE balance jobs ._.






Ok, since the name of this blog is Life of a pirate, and the title of this post mentioned new update, so inevitably I'll mention new COR stuff >:D

---------------------------------------------------------

Triple Shot (COR Lv.87 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Occasionally uses three units of ammunition to deal extra damage.
---------------------------------------------------------


Ok I admit I want Bounty Shot from RNG more than Triple Shot ._.
So I can finally /THF and feel like a real pirate.....

But RNG already got Double shot, so I guess they can't have 2 JAs that's similar....
SE should give RNG Triple shot since they're meant to be DD and ammo cheaper,
and gives COR Double shot......

Or maybe Triple shot proc rate is lower than Double shot and such.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactician's Roll (COR Lv.86)
Grants a Regain effect to party members within area of effect. Lucky Number: 5. Unlucky Number: 8.

Allies' Roll (COR Lv.89)
Enhances skillchain damage and skillchain accuracy for party members within area of effect. Lucky Number: 3. Unlucky Number: 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless the atma in third add-on gives crazy dmg to skill chain, I doubt Allies' roll is going to be useful. Hmmm maybe useful for SAM zerging, then quickly switch to another DD roll when their SC is over??? Or maybe SE is going to add some mob that's immune to all dmg except SC dmg?

Still don't see much use of this roll unless third add-on change the way we play this game again.

Regain roll....Some say it's useful in abby to proc !!!, to help DDs gain TP especially while walking and such. However, unless Regain really gives a lot of TP/tic, I doubt it's going to be more efficient than coming another DD capable of using more different type of WS and weapons. VV atma should be enough for Regain purpose IMO. Now the current best DD atma favors melee DoT dmg instead of WS, so this probably won't beat other DD rolls for DDing. However, if SE gives some crazy WS atma like WS dmg x3 atma, this may be a very good DD roll. It all depends on what atma we can get in next add-on.

But now I know while my pt is walking, I'll have 2 rolls to give instead of 1. Movement speed+ and Regain! I'm pretty glad that I finally got a chance redo ASA last boss last week and got PR recast -5 pants, totally in love with my 49 sec PR recast timer atm, so I can give 2 rolls more quickly in such situations.....Hmmm maybe I should drop my QD acc merit to 0 and get PR recast to 45 sec.



Hmmm the title is "RDM and new update" but I ended up talking about COR more than RDM DX
I guess I'm probably the biggest victim of COR dying after the abyssea update DX
Yesterday I got bored and did some job search, there were like 89+ RDM(still the most played job) online, jobs like BST(used to be the least played class) BLU DNC all had 40~50+ ppl, even PUP has like 20+ ppl. COR? only 3. Only 3 CORs in the entire world DX I also noticed Kizunas secretly removed COR on their recruiting job list D;


Let's see if new Regain roll and Triple shot can save this job or not.

7 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Red Mage...though I think the Red Mages who are QQ'ing are silly (unless they just really like healing and haven't touched White Mage, in which case they're still silly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see both sides of the "Cure V" argument, but as a WHM, I'd be apprehensive to see RDM and SCH get Cure V. As you said, RDM has been the "go-to" mage for pretty much everything in the past, and while SE has been somewhat neglecting RDM recently, giving Cure V would be enough to upset the fragile balance for healers. RDM still has the distinct role as an enfeebler, but WHM is (and should be) the main healer.
    Personally, I only use Cure VI inside Abyssea (which is pretty much all of FFXI nowadays). For the hp-healed/mp ratio, Cure VI isn't as efficient (though proper gear helps get more bang for the buck) and is usually a backup to Cure V if timers are down. RDM is a hybrid job and can fill multiple roles. Therefore, I have to agree with Anexya, if someone really wants to main heal, it's silly not to level WHM to have that option. RDM won't be obsolete, but it will be harder to main healer as efficiently as a WHM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, RDM is still an excellent healer. With the advent of SCH, RDM lost its hold on meripo healing but it could never compete with WHM on anything else anyway. I have both levelled and I like both jobs for different reasons.

    A lot (NOT ALL) RDMs don't even bother to build a decent cure set. I agree that RDMs will struggle with curing with HP going up all the time inside Abyssea but they're not obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Regain roll....Some say it's useful in abby to proc !!!, to help DDs gain TP especially while walking and such. However, unless Regain really gives a lot of TP/tic, I doubt it's going to be more efficient than coming another DD capable of using more different type of WS and weapons.'

    I would have to disagree on this point. Even if the regain roll gave a modest 2tp/tick on average, hitting 3DDs with this roll is a net gain of 6tp/tick for your PT/ally compared with adding another DD with VV atma which would be a gain of 2tp/tick. Adding another DD is also an additional burden on your mages unless they are a self sufficient job like BLU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it largely depends on the DD jobs and pt setup you're using. Some jobs has very limited WS or weapon type to use, some jobs can use same weapon type/WS as another job. In that cast adding some more TP/tic won't be more effective in terms of getting !!! to proc. My Abyssea LS sometimes even have members HP and job change mid-battle for another type of WS, in that case regain won't help much really.
    Not to mention you add another DD with VV atma they don't just sit there for regain, they have different source of getting TP such as Meditate or melee on other mobs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have to have people change jobs just for WS procs, your LS may want to consider what their priorities are for having people on certain jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In terms of Regain, with my VERY BIASED OPINION OF BEING A WHM, I love having more regain. I get asked to got VV/Refresh just so I can proc Club/Staff weaknesses. As such, I don't have a subjob to get TP back effectively, so the more regain I can get from other sources, the better! But that's just my extremely biased opinion xD

    On that note, I am of opinion of Cure V should not belong to RDMs and SCHs. I can see SCHs getting it as an addendum, but not RDMs. Alas, I have a very strong suspicion that RDMs will get Cure V and I will be extremely butthurt. However, it won't prevent me from playing my WHM for all it's worth. Career WHMs, go!

    I think in the end, the Cure V debate comes down if FFXI will continue the Abyssea trend or not. The reason we are seeing such amazing HP values is because of Atmas and Abyssites and Curor buffs. Take those away, and Cure VI will almost never be necessary (I never cast it anyway as a Galka) and Cure IV will be okay once again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.