Tuesday 14 December 2010

DNC and /DNC

I mentioned I was working on lving DNC to 90 as my third job before, then SE slap this job in the face by giving it long ass Curing Waltz V recast time. Curing is what I enjoy playing this job the most(DNC can totally outcure WHM at low lv btw, due to generating TP faster than generating MP at low lv), so I kinda gave up lving this job atm, especially grinding all the 99999 gear needed for this job gives me headache ._.


So I tried to play with COR/DNC for a bit, I'd say I like it. Haste Samba is very useful, and new Curing Waltz III is very useful for curing. Compare with /WHM the curing/remove status aliment ability is a bit weaker because all Waltz are in same category and Healing waltz can't remove everything, but it's good enough if the pt has enough healers I'd say. I'm actually interested in trying this sub for Salvage next time, it looks like a pretty good sub for Salvage(I tried /RNG and /RDM for salvage, but don't like it as much as /WHM). /DNC has access to most of the DNC main ability, so I may as well just play COR/DNC and pretend to be a fake DNC XD.

Note that /DNC gets DW job trait, with my newly augmented Crit dmg+6% dagger I actually want to try some new DD style, such as DW and focus on melee DPS for dmg and use Evisceration instead of Slug Shot with RR atma in abby, I admit seeing some insane big number Evisceration from DNC and THF makes me want to try that also, since my Slug shot dmg is getting pretty lame comparing with other crit-hit WS.

My friend Kingilya(finally found a RNG friend that can teach me how to play ranged attack jobs properly!) recently pointed out that I may be using wrong atma/gear for my WS set, since gun WS is different from Bow WS because it's easier to cap fSTR on gun. When doing WS, gun benefits less from adding more STR, so I should use AGI atma instead. Now that I got my 3rd lunar abyssite access, I finally have room to add an AGI atma, next time gonna see if there's any significant Slug Shot dmg increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.