Wednesday 22 December 2010

Shinryu spam and broken Abyssea

The LS I do Abyssea event with, MILA, recently cleared Raja. Therefore most members now has Shinryu access. I missed their Rani clear on Sunday, and also missed Raja clear on Monday due to dead internet, therefore no Shinryu for me for a while I guess. However, seeing how they farm Shinryu makes me wonder if Abyssea is really broken.

Basically, after they got Shinryu access, they invited a WAR(I think? that's what I've heard so far...anyways most jobs can solo Shinryu so it doesn't matter) and use the brew for Shinryu fight, got the clear, then farm 200k curor, enter Shinryu BC, use brew, got clear and drops, repeat. They're able to farm 200k curor in about 2hr with just 3 ppl, one puller and 2 ppl AoE killing everything. So basically every 2hr of farming you can enter the BC solo and guarantee win. No special pt setup/stragety needed(except blue proc maybe?), I wonder what's the point to make such BC? When everything about winning this BC is spending 2hr farming 200k cruor.

Some of the tough fights in this game used to be an achievement after getting clear, because they require a good pt setup, organization and collaboration. From smaller fights such as Mission BCs such as CoP/mini-expansion, or Nyzul/Salvage, to bigger fights that requires a LS to work together, such as Einherjar T3/Odin. When I won those fights, it's that sense of achievement that makes this game fun. Now I wonder if beating Shinryu can call an archievement, when all you need is to spend 2hr help a friend who already cleared farm 200k curor, then ask him to solo the BC.

I'm pretty sure soon we'll see Twilight gear everywhere, unless SE change this in next update. Thanks to Primeval Brew, Twilight gear may actually be one of the easiest to obtain god-like gear so far. Stuff like Odin drops, Salvage boss drops, Kirin drops, Dynamis lord drops or even sea/limbus gears used to be rare because they take a effort to clear/obtain, not every LS can clear those fights. (P.S getting sea access used to be a pain, therefore sea/limbus gear can be a pain to obtain kinda), and that's why those old event gears used to be rare. Now everyone all farming 200k curor and spamming Shinryu, about time to see everyone running in Twilight ;) Even getting Shinryu access won't be that hard anymore, since more and more ppl will get 200k brew access and make Raja/Rani total joke.


5 gil betting SE is going to nerf this, either by making brew unusable in Shinryu BC, giving Shinryu some ability to dispel the brew effect, or making brew cost 1M instead of 200k.


Oh and btw, I joined one of the MILA curor farm pt, as a leecher to lv my subjob. THF 43--->45 SCH 40--->43 in 30 min. I bragged in Cynosure LS chat how fast I got EXP in abby, and Grommet replied "Abyssea is broken"

Abyssea is indeed broken.
With a pointless BC that all you do is farm an item and win. 200k cruor per run for a gear.
With a pointless way to lv low lv jobs when you don't get to PLAY the job. No, I love fast EXP, but I also want to play the job while lving it. And since it's very hard to make low lv pt sometimes I'm pretty much forced to leech my low lv jobs.

Broken, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.