Thursday 25 November 2010

Magian, magian and more magian

So I finally realized finishing Armageddon anytime soon is not practical for me. Unless I can solo Carabosse by next update, I estimate I need at least another 2+ year to finish it, assuming another 50 items are needed to upgrade it to lv 90. Generally anything that needs organizing a pt, finding ppl etc always take longer than I expected. So instead of waiting I decided to get another gun to replace my Martial gun while waiting for a chance to get help to kill Carabosse.

I really don't want to do anymore Magian weapon, so at first I aim for some NM drops so I can get the item instantly. The first item that interested me is Exequy Gun which drops from T3 VNM in Abyssea Vunkerl, DMG 52(pretty high), and it has relic WS(cool!). Sadly pretty soon I realized getting this item is probably even more impractical than getting 50 gems.... getting pop item for this NM is just impossible. T2 VNM is NEVER_UP in Abyssea. No, I mean NEVER, not rarely, but NEVER. I have a T2 pop item forever, everytime when I farm seal/do quest/EXP I sometimes sit down and /heal, and the msg is always no monster in this area.

SE really need to change T2 VNM spawn time in Abyssea. Ok, I lied, once I found it was up when I /heal, but before I can ask ppl to come and help me kill it was no longer up again, in like 3 min - -.

So I guess I have no choice. Magian, accept the fate of Magian. Sad, SE should add more AH weapons for me to buy at least :/

Since the main reason why I'm going to make another Magian gun is because I want a weapon to use without asking people to help everytime, so getting an OAT gun or double dmg gun is out of question. Soloable trial onry!

I decided to do WS dmg+10% Anarchy+1 just because....it looks easiest to obtain.

I still believe this gun is epeen only and not competitive against other none OAT none Empyrean gun. Especially if you shoot a lot. But I'm having elemental path Magian weapon phobia now after doing elemental path sword for my BLU. So elemental path guns are out of question for me also. Although I am still thinking about getting the AGI path gun someday....wind weather looks slightly easier than other weather especially fire.(Doing STR Shamshir is what gives me elemental path trial phobia)

I also thought about doing STP path Anarchy+1, which is better than WS dmg+10% for shooting. However, STP path needs to do more WS than WS dmg+ path. So I still ended up working on WS dmg+10% due to sheer laziness.

This gun at lv 85 is pretty much only good for Slug shot. I've read some math calculation somewhere that Martial still do more dmg for Detonator. So if I'm going to use this weapon for slug shot only, I need to rebuild my WS set for it and focus on racc a bit more instead of focusing on STR like my current WS set. I really hope by next update this gun can get more pimp a lot, something like WS dmg+20%. 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.