Saturday 20 November 2010

Cannonball

A few days ago I did Odin with Dynabus(Dynabus's first Odin fight btw), on BLU/THF. I usually don't get to use BLU for Odin fight, so it's something pretty new to me. I pulled out my rusty Cannonball set, which haven't been used for ages, to see how it works in Einherjar now.

I consider my Cannonball set above averge although not too godly @75. Although I'm missing a few new gears before and after the update. Need Heafoc mitts/AF3 legs/Rutter Saatons/Ire torque and a better weapon mostly. I'm still not sure if STR+2 earring is better than the Pagondas Earring I'm currently using. But I'm not too much of a perfectionist so I'm not too bother with that 0.00001% of gear difference.

With taco and Protect V but no BRD Minne, and my CASA Cannonball dmg was about 980ish on Odin. Efflux + QC easily did 1k or 1.1k with same set(too lazy to change). Considering the fact that I didn't use SA for QC, I'd say Cannonball's dmg is waaaay too low at this point. Besides the fact that Cannonball is ranged, it has no advantage in terms of dmg dealing.

Of course, Cannonball is ranged, so you can argue that it's still useful. But I have no problem run in and use QC, then run away on Odin fight. In fact, I believe most of the fight you don't NEED ranged. Run in, cast, run back. If you get hit then just cure. Most of the time you don't NEED a Cannonball set really. Yes, you can argue that "But curing needs MP!" Hmmm I haven't worry about MP for ages.

Prehaps the time that "Blue mage needs a Cannonball set and THF sub" is over? Just like Breath spell set and Eye on Me set, some serious BLUs used to build a gear set for those spells, but those spells totally lacks usefulness and can be replaced easily. Breath spell or Eyes on Me now can be replaced with Regurgitation and various new nuke spells, while Cannonball can be replaced with run in QC run away. I wonder if Cannonball set is still a must have for BLU now.

1 comment:

  1. The game has flip-flopped with just ten levels added. What do you think another fourteen will do for us?

    I'd recommend not trying to set anything in stone, for the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.