Saturday 21 April 2012

Provenance Watcher clear!

Learned mistake from last week, this time finally made a successful Provenance clear run! Provenance Watcher dead in 2.5 min!(note: this is fairly fast for a Provenance Watcher zerg, and fairly hard to have pt kill this fast for a PUG)

This time I learned to embrava before enter, and made sure I spam /p chat for everyone to do their CS before entering. Also all the DD in pt are fairly well geared as well, thus able to kill the dragon this fast.

Before I head out I did some research about JP pt(since JPs are pro at VW), it seems their setup is usually involve 2 DD pt with  WAR DRK x2 BRD COR WHM (DD pt) x2, at least 3 BLM, 1~3 RNG, 1 SCH. No usual proc jobs like NIN BLU DRG, and no SAM either. Sometimes have MNK.

I was kinda surprised that NIN BLU RDM no longer being used, and DRK became new bandwagon DD that alliance has to take 3~4x DRK(that's crazy don't you think?) to DD. And so many BLM too.

However I'm not all that comfortable without NIN and BLU, so I ended up still taking it and settle with 2 BLMs. That's probably less stun, but in the end it worked.

Pt setup:
DRK WAR WAR COR WHM BRD    DRK WAR MNK COR WHM BRD    RNG NIN BLU BLM BLM SCH, 1 DRK has rag, all WAR MNK COR has empy.


So 3rd atmacite slot obtained!

I've been trying to figure out which atmacite is the best for 3rd, personally I believe MAB+20 atmacite is the best bet if MAB+20 can give extra 200 more WS dmg, based on the fact that me and Ganu have exactly the same WS frequency, but I had a few more tick regain(from roll/earring/roller's ring), although WS frequency is also decided by how fast you're pressing macro under this condition(against another spellcast user I'm going to fall behind even if our gear is exactly the same). Also done some math earlier, that extra tick regain from atmacite only allow 3 sec faster WS, which may not give extra WS.

That also means regain earring from WoTG isn't as good as TP bonus+rattk, at least not in VW.(Plus TP bonus I can use on BLU too)

Now that's getting interesting ._.

Last Stand benefits from TP bonus, but I rarely use Last Stand, I still use WF a lot more. I can almost confirmed regain earring isn't needed in VW and doesn't give higher WS frequency with roll/atmacite/temp, unless in the future there is another event with no regain buff, and incredibly high eva that I have to TP with regain. I have to agree having a source for regain sometimes is pretty useful, but TP bonus may still have more use.

But Last Stand is also TOO situational to do TP bonus for. I'd say I probably use it maybe less than 20% of time in my life.(partly also because I rarely play COR on T3s where LS is more effective)

So it's really just for universal use, CDC+LS(although I rarely use LS).

Still facing inner struggle ;(

Another note, based on the fact that DRKs dominate the parse in many VW fights, I'd say DRK, especially Rag DRK, is probably the strongest DD atm in this game, or else JP pt wouldn't recruit 4x DRK in ally for Provenance. I'm not 100% sure how it compare with lv 99 Ukon WAR, but what's so amazing about DRK is, an easy to obtain GS like Ig-Alima GS or OAT can make DRK top the parse, almost like 2008 SAMwagon(or 2010 WAR and MNKwagon) coming back again.









3 comments:

  1. Whoa, I just learned about the 3rd atmacite slot from this post LOL. Now I feel like a total noob.

    Time to research the best atmacite options for DRK. I'm thinking about dropping the Save TP one (although the HP and stat bonuses are helpful), and having the COR roll Chaos + Fighter's (I'm just addicted to DA anyways). It'll be fun to push Resolution's average even more higher! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly though, I feel my BLU needs entire new set of atmacite, and kinda feel regain is shitty now ;( Wasted so much $$ upgrade it ;<

    ReplyDelete
  3. general consensus agrees agrees double tp bonus is solid for sam, drk, drg, and other non crit ws for dd powr

    crit ws benefit less but still ok for more crit rates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.