Monday 16 April 2012

In the darkness

It's getting a bit frustrating....I mean, VERY frustrating that after a lot of planning and reading strat, that nyzul static still ended up falling apart.

I guess, maybe the way I lead the pt isn't quit right, that forcing/asking static members to lv SCH or getting certain gear isn't the right way of doing it, considering the main factor of success in Nyzul isn't all about dmg output....now that I just raelized.I'd say probably 45% luck, 45% organization, rest 10% is gear/individual skill. Now that with static falling apart and getting random replacements every week, it barely work when organization/team work consists 45% of success.

I tried /WAR for the first time, and borrowed some of the TP gear. Although I do noticed increased WS dmg, not sure if extra time spent on sneak/invis is worth it to use /WAR over /DNC, since Req--->QC or A.spike pretty much kill all mobs, that TP phrase is very short, and literally only get to do 1 WS per mob. Depending on the mob, lower WS dmg may not really slow down the killing speed. Maybe need to make all 3 items macro(swift shoes/sneak/invis items) for /WAR whenever going on new floors without kill all.

I have to say Req is awesome for Nyzul, and personally I'd rate it a must have WS for nyzul, I even start to think jobs like WAR or DRK should merit it for nyzul just in case if flan NM popped. My Req was doing 1.8k on flan NM(which has huge PDT-) compare with 400~500 resolution.

Big spike dmg spell is the way to go, not that MP is an issue, so spells like Delta Thrust isn't worth casting.

Was debating whether blank gaze is worth casting on soulflayers as well, it takes time, and other ppl often engaged and paraed before I cast it.

Honestly, compare with recent F100 clear vid I watched, I didn't notice much difference in terms of killing speed between super elite DD and decently geared DD during climb phrase, maybe it makes bigger difference on bosses.

I guess I'm guilty for being such an elitist asshole to my static(when I'm not anywhere close to elite myself either)

I'm sorry, Sziha and Bebetaro ;(


3 comments:

  1. Nyzul gives little room for error because of its incredible reliance on luck. To minimalize the luck part of Nyzul, you need to work on things you can control.
    Here are some things I can suggest if you have not already done.
    Use every time saving technique you got.
    -Blu physical spells are great and have great utility. However embrava favors 2H users so Almace is a must. Requiescat is good, but Chant Du Cygne will still be used most of the time. Even if your TP phase is short, it is still important. As for the PDT Flan, Drks having twilight scythe makes them much easier.
    -Blank gaze does help on flayers, but not exactly priority as most of them go down in 2-3 ws anyway. Mostly almost dead before you can even cast it.
    -Making sure you guys are using some form of voice communication? If not, might as well give up there. Communication is key. I can't stress this enough.
    -What is the average amount of floors you jump and floor clears? Next time record it. 20 floor clears is ideal, 5.5 jumps is ideal.
    -Seems like you have trouble with some members. Nyzul isn't for casuals. You also can't be pushy unless you want to be that asshole dude.
    -Make sure you have a sch to head back to lamps when you feel a floor is near complete. This saves you much valuable time.
    -War tomahawk, Drg angon. Use your utility belt.
    -Have your Sch "precharge" accession and aerpetuance for Embrava. (Saves about 10-30 seconds)
    -Have your DDs bring sneak/invisible items. Linking unneccesary mobs that causes a death is very bad.
    -Getting the right temp items is important. Fanatics, Soldier's, Sprinter's, Cleric's. Others are optional depending on how each member's points are looking.
    -DDs? Yellow or Red Curry buns. Eat it.
    -Sch make sure you are not sleeping unsleepable mobs.
    -Fillmode. No matter what kind of moral fiber you have, fillmode is a must.
    -APRadar or Dat swaps. Dat swaps provided on FFXIAH or BG. Get one of them, they are also a must.

    I'm sure there are more suggestions. Good luck on your future Nyzul runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion ^^;, yes, I realized that making mistake is often the main factor that fails(besides luck on floor jumps), it actually made more difference than having elite gear. One of the run we fucked up on same time lamp and wasted 5 min(which you may think same time lamp is easy, but one thing fucked up and still wasted 5min on it and wasted a run)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I should be able to finish Almace this week, although I don't see how it can push 6+ more floor clear, which is what's most frustrating about ;<

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.