Tuesday 17 April 2012

Inventory 80

A discussion about "situational gears" on SE forum almost made me laugh XD

A while ago while I was soloing in dyna, I noticed that my inventory was completely full.


I mean, 80/80 for everything. MH, and all 3 extra inv I can carry.

And I only have 2 jobs 99, sharing a lot of common gears already. Imagine those with 10 jobs 99.

Of course you can argue that you can use porter moogle(although not everything can be stored), or just mule your gears. But that's incredible painful to change jobs if you need to mule your gears every time you change. I mean, what's so fun about playing a vid game if you spend 20 min to gear your job?

That's why I always believe it's only possible to have 1 "elite" job, and never possible to have more than 2. Even if a player is super hardcore with 12 hours of play time a day, he/she just isn't getting enough inv for all those gears, unless he/she enjoys spending 30 min to change job.

And that's why I typically cleared all my currency after a dyna run, because all that bazaar item is hindering gear swap ;<, some ppl call me undercutter, or being dumb to uncercut. But I don't really care, just hate to get inv-3 or -4 for a few thousand extra profit.

I decided to keep COR "elite" with all inv dedicated to it, so sorry my BLU has to suffer a bit and sit with multi-purpose set.

So in the end, time to toss some "situational" and none-storeable gears that all aren't all that useful to carry to streamline my inv/gear sets in general. Time to build some multi-purpose gear set for general use instead.

I typically only have 1 physical spell casting set for all spells except heavy strike due to inventory issues(still can't imagine how is it possible to carry one set for EVERY different spells). I may make an A.spike set after CDC done, but it's going to use existing gears instead of getting new gears. HS gets extra set due to how useful it is and I can't live without it ;< I don't carry B.typhoon set despite I have plenty of AGI gears for it, they're just a waste of spot IMO.

Twilight cape: /toss. I carried it for BLU, and besides dyna I don't see anywhere else I'd use it, even in dyna doesn't make a noticeable difference.

Loki: Very temp to toss. After I got Athos's body I almost never use it again. Kudzu Aketon also covered STP a bit if I ever need that STP for /ra......not that I do STP build on COR anyways.

But I decided to keep it, took me too much effort to get it ages ago(when Turul wasn't easily duoable by majority of players), and maybe, maybe one day I will happened to need STP+7 ;<

But yeah, Loki on the list next to toss.

Taranis's Harness: Kinda want to toss too, since sacrificing all that you can get in body slot for ACC+25 STP+5 isn't worth it.  Really couldn't think of anything with THAT retard amount of eva in game that need to  sacrifice so much in body slot.

Siegel Sash: Kinda want to toss this as well. I only cast Stoneskin when I /RDM solo a few times. But I rarely /RDM and rarely solo now. Additional +20 HP to SS doesn't worth inv at all, so it's really for enhancing magic casting time -8% for solo.

Rarely used item, I used it a few times, very few, but most of the time never bother to carry. I guess keep it for now if I ever need it.

My guns: I know I should stop keeping all those guns I loved, especially Martial gun and Veuglaire which are pointless to keep ;( But love is love ;(   KEEPING ALL MY GUNS!

Isador: I should toss this too, especially after Almace done. Even without Almace this sword is meh as well and only useful for fast cast set. I don't have enough inv for fast cast build set on BLU, I don't use spellcast for fast cast build anyways.

Acheron Shield: This item is also entirely pointless to keep. I don't use SATA cannonball anymore and don't see any situation that would need it, and now that BLU can DW with /THF there really isn't any need to equip a shield anyways, or just settle with genbu. This item is a gift from a friend very long time ago when my BLU ding 75(was my 1st job 75 too), and it was with me for many EG events when SATA cannonball was still useful. Maybe that's why I always cherish it. But for the sake of inv, old toy just has to go.

Good Bye Acheron Shield.

Navarch's earring and Navarch's choker: Both items are completely useless with better choices in that slot. I'm just keeping for the sake of wanting full AF3 set, but honestly, it's dumb to keep them >.>

1x Helm of Briareus: Long time ago when I did Almace I ended up having 51 helms, so that one extra helm just sit in inv. /toss I guess, not that I'm doing a Kannagi.

I noticed plenty of items to toss after digging in MH, I guess that's why my Inv is 80/80 with plenty of "emotional items" =( Time to do some cleaning in my house.

1 comment:

  1. I abhor muling and having to move stuff around. Consequently I refuse to have endless sets for multiple jobs. I don't care if that makes me gimper. I carry 1 set for each of 4 jobs and evasion gear set that dnc & thf share. I keep weapons in the mog sack.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.