Sunday 18 March 2012

Practice makes perfect

Long time ago when Ager told me he can solo 200+ coins on BLU in dyna bubu, I didn't really believe him.

My first time solo in dyna-bubu at lv 99, it was less than 100 coins a run, which is only 50% of 200 coins, and 200 coins was just not possible for me.

However, after a bit of practice, and more practice, I'm able to solo 174 coins in bubu if competition is low. I even d/c for 5 min during the run, and I didn't team up for TE with anyone(so it's a true solo). If I didn't d/c and gain extra 5 min, it's entirely possible to break 180 coins. If I team up for TE, it's also very likely to gain 10~20 more coins, since TE5 in bubu is a pain when they pop on entirely different side(and I spent at least 15~20 min running across the whole map to find TE5).

And if I have TH sash for TH2, it's entirely possible to solo as many as an average BST.


I always believe that jobs are like instruments, the more you play it, the better you'll get. I never believe those who claim they can leech a job to 99 and be good at a job within a few hours of practice.

Ok, maybe some ppl is more talented, and able to be good at it within a few hour......like how some ppl able to master piano faster than an average person. But not everyone is that talented, at least not me.

After weeks of soloing dyna, I'm starting to get used to the tempo of killing EP mobs in bubu. The recast time of 2 major DD JAs, the TP speed and MP regeneration rate, the most efficient and balanced way to DD and cure with TP and MP..... My hands is part of the job now, this job called BLU/DNC. Which I can DD and cure with both MP and TP, and plenty of time to recharge them while getting proc and moving around. When to use self-SC, when not to use self SC, when to use low MP cost spells like HS/delta thrust. When to use big (but costy)spell like QC, and when not to use it.

Basically, if I have CA up, I do darkness SC if mob has high HP(which can one shot EPs), and save it if mob has low HP. Depending on my remaining MP, I sometimes use it without WS. If Efflux is up, I almost always use it. If mobs only have half HP left, HS+delta+E.thrash(which can hit more than one mob at once too) can kill it. I use a lot more costy spells like A.spike and QC on crabs, which I can MP drainkiss, and typically only MP drainkiss while waiting for JA recast. I also use those costy spells on none-crab mobs if I have 70+% MP.

Sometimes even if MP run very low, and there's a risk of running dry, I still burn quite a lot of MP(although only use MP efficient ones). It can be risky, but I typically chain pull in dyna, proc, kill right away. Proc, kill right away. And recharge MP while waiting for red proc since they often take ages to proc. If I encounter a serious of lucky proc, then MP bound to run low, and vice versa. So any MP saved may result MP overflow and reduce the kill speed when next mob gets unlucky on proc again.

The main reason is to kill the mob as fast as possible after getting proc, since sometimes it takes so long to proc and I ended up getting near full MP again while getting proc, the faster the mob dies, the sooner I can grab next mob and start procing next mob.

Ever since empy became popular and BLU melee build became stronger, many BLUs spam spell a lot less and rely on melee/WS dmg a lot more, like MP is some sorts of precious that shouldn't be used. However, IMO on EP mobs there are very little reason to slowly melee TP it to death when MP can easily be recharged while waiting for proc and moving around. Able to deal large outburst of dmg in very short time on EP mob is still one of the biggest strength of BLU outside of VW, there are no reason to play it like a NIN or DNC.

Cure with TP or MP is entirely depending on the JA recast time, and if it's proced. Since I don't have CDC, my MP typically do more dmg, and more efficient to use TP cure. However, if JA recast time is up, or I'm experiencing MP overflow, then I still use MP to cure(and use TP to healing waltz or haste samba).

Note that a while ago when I first time tried to duo SSR alex farm with Zeig on BLU, we barely killed 4th NM with 1 min to spare(Alex farm in SSR need to kill A LOT of mobs for all NMs to pop), after weeks of dyna solo practice, we were able to clear SSR including brainjack boss duo with almost 15 min to spare.

From 96 coins in dyna to 174, from 1 min left for 4 SSR NM to 15 min left for 4 SSR NM+boss, I didn't get any new gear for BLU in the process, heck doesn't even learn new spells.

Just that after a lot of practice, my output increased, for sure. Even though my gear set didn't change at all.

Proves that jobs in FFXI does need practice, not just to get good gear.







Mannnnn haven't play COR for a while since I'm saving gil, I feel I'm going to be bad at it again next time I job change D;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.