Monday 20 June 2011

Playing with new jobs.....

So I decide to start playing with my 75 RDM in some of the easier 75 game content, mostly just to get some skill ups for Maat fight, and practice playing with it too.

I guess I'm too used to play with 90 BLU with more refresh gear and lower MP cost for spells,after a few nukes(I have to nuke to skill up elemental magic) and Cure IV, I start to encounter.....MP PROBLEM D;

Also, since I'm very used to BLU, I still need to get used to playing RDM which is very different from BLU in many ways(despite both jobs are versatile mages)

First of all, if I aggro a mob casting a spell or bad TP move, on BLU I automtically cast head butt to stun it, on COR I pop a light shot to interrupt it, on RDM there's very little I can do ;( (Unless I can cast sleep faster than the mob)

Second, without /BLM(Which is something I still need to work on for my RDM), can't sleep a group of mobs unlike BLU ;((

Other wise, just need to pratice haste circle and do proper debuff when needed. Pretty soon I realized doing nuke and deal dmg is just a waste of MP unless in certain situation......NOW HOW DO I SKILL UP ELEMENTAL MAGIC D;

Anyways, still a shit tones of stuff to work on RDM:
1.Buy spells.....Thanks to Grom who sponsored some spells such as pro/shell IV already ;D

2.Skill up.....Capping skill on RDM is truely a pain compare with combat skills.....Conn flamed my RDM for being abby leeched, but I swear most level synced RDM probably wont' have capped magic skills by the time they ding 75 anyways....I still remember Miz spend days in tree to skill up on RDM for Maat fight. Despite my skill gimp, I was still surprised that I still managed to land a couple of sleep ^^;

3.Get SJ up.......BLM and DRK mostly, I need to lv both jobs for Maat fight in the future anyways.

4.Get macros right....takes ages to cast a spell and use proper staff atm.

But so far I'd say I enjoy the job quite a lot. I always like versatile jobs, BLU being versatile melee DD job, COR being hybrid of buff/ranged DD/magical DD job, now it's RDM being versatile mage job. Playing with a real mage job(job with mage role in pt, to be precise) is a nice change too.

I wanted to pt with real RDM mains and see how they play and do things, sadly most of the RDM mains I know no longer or rarely play RDM nowadays. Some LS RDM such as Zeno are mostly on BLU or WHM nowadays ;( I need to get Sylvester back ;; I used to know one Taru RDM, who gave me very strong impression when I did salvage with him/her back at 75. Probably one of the most skilled and well geared RDM I know back at 75(I pt with quite a lot of RDMs when it was still a bandwagon job). He/she seems to always do the right move that benefits the entire pt the most, with very quick reaction. Sadly after Abyssea bandwagon he/she ended up playing NIN mostly.

I guess that's the kind of RDM I want to be.

Keep ppl alive/hasted/refreshed full time, and used right debuff on the right time...maybe Dia when mobs need to be killed ASAP, Bio when surviability is an issue, bind/gravity when things got ugly and NM going after back line jobs, melee and help doing dmg when TP feed and MP not a problem(I really hate to see RDM meleeing when they're not supposed to, or not meleeing when it's better to), chain spell nuke when needed(such as boss at 3% and almost time out or wipe)....ah, Nyzul and Salvage at 75 is a pretty good place to test RDMs skill and knowledge of the job, compare with Abyssea these days where situations are not as complicated.

Bah, still a lot to learn and practice if I want to play as good as that taru rdm.



As for my SAM....I'm having harder time to get my lv 61 SAM into abyssea leech pt unless I make one or someone I know is running one. So now I just do some GoV on my free time for EXP slowly on SAM/DNC with soboro(Can't say anymore good thing about Soboro, this GK is too good for solo), I need to skill up GK anyways. SAM is more straight forward than RDM, so much easier to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.