Friday 8 April 2011

Project WHM

After months of struggle, I finally give up. Time to accept the fact that I need to lv WHM for Abyssea shit ;(

It's not that I'm too lazy to lv WHM, it's not hard to lv WHM to 90 at all with a leech pt. It's just I probably won't be able to play my jobs once I get WHM to 90....so how to avoid such situation?

Answer: Lv WHM to 80 or 86 only =D So I'll still only have 2 lv 90 jobs and get to play them =D

WHM gets Cure VI at lv 80 and Regen IV at 86, so in theory this job works in abyssea at lv 80 just fine with all the atma. Then when ppl ask "what jobs you have?" I'll just tell them "BLU COR 90", so I don't have to be forced to play as WHM because I don't have WHM 90 =D

I don't even have to buy all the spells, just need Protect V, Shell V, Cure V and VI, Esuna, Flash,Regen IV(if I take it to 86 instead of 80) Curega IV and Repose and that's it =D

I always thought having only 2 90 jobs is cool in this game, forcing myself to solve the problem and get shit done with jobs that's not optimal and really think hard to solve the problem + face challenge. But now it's getting more and more frustrating due to the nature of Abyssea. I know I should do MNK, but I kinda don't have enough combat skill merit point for MNK atm. Right now I have sword 8/8, dagger 4/8 and marksmanship 8/8. After next update I'm going to get my dagger to 8/8 for COR, that means only 8 merit points left. So it's either h2h 8/8 and let Evasion gimp or h2h 4/8 and evasion 4/4. Either way I just don't have enough ;/ I also merited AGI instead of STR, so lving another DD job without STR merit is just, um, not a good idea.

Prehaps I should drop AGI merit and do STR merit instead.....once Abyssea era over Wildfire may become ODD trigger WS and that's it, and Slug shot become strongest COR WS once again. Right now outside of abyssea, I don't even use Wildfire unless triple shot is up. Or perhaps I should do hybrid, like STR 4/8 and AGI 4/8 after next update ._.

I have to admit MNK seems more fun than WHM. WHM just so bandwagon that everyone wants to do abyssea with right jobs but too lazy to work on gears/skill choose to lv WHM instead of MNK. But I just don't have enough merit points for MNK ;(

3 comments:

  1. Make sure you buy Flash/Holy/Banish III/Banish II/Banishga II ;)

    I really love WHM but I know others don't. If you really don't like it, don't level it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Level WHM so I can drag you everywhere! :D

    After all the DRK/WHM hours, and all the brainwashing you and Memchii did to me on a regular basis, I took a liking to healing. I'm more of a healer when I play BLU now (ofc it depends on the party set-up). It's not as bad as I thought it'd be. In fact, with the unlimited MP in Abyssea, it's quite fun. Really, I think what made reject WHM as a healing was the lack of an innate ability to restore MP. Now, most of the "newer" abilities and the SCH job (even though it's a SJ) were added after I was gone, so Idk how efficent the WHM's MP management tools outside of Abyssea. Cure V is great but drains a whooping 135 MP, and Curaga IV....lol I won't even mention that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I shouldn't level it if I ended up gimping it, that's why I only have 2 jobs 90 and everyone have like 5~10 jobs nowadays. I blame the nature of Abyssea to force me lv WHM ;(

    Zeig:
    Since you like WHM better perhaps you should lv WHM and I do MNK :<

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.