Thursday 30 September 2010

A list of things stopping me from playing FFXI

Ever since my school start, I keep facing difficulties when I attempt to play FFXI, like there is some kind of being from higher plane that's doing everything it can to stop me.

First of all, my laptop broke, and my CC cancelled. I thought I can keep playing by buying a new laptop and apply for a new CC, but I was wrong. The internet in my house and my controller broke after I moved, and it took one week to fix the internet. After my internet finally fixed I thought I can happily play FFXI again. But I was wrong again. Yesterday when I tried to start the game I found my POL broke, some files are missing. I thought windows update broke it so I did a system recovery, and reinstalled POL. After all the update I got a msg from McAfee internet security says it removed certain trojan and my POL broke again. That's how I realized McAfee internet security was the suspect of killing my POL. I deleted McAfee, yes, I'm very determine to come back and keep playing, but that being from higher plane is even more determined than me. My mouse broke during the process of system recovery(although later on I found out it's just the touchpad function was turned off somehow). But that won't stop me, I used keyboard to log in to POL and start the game, but got stucked during the version check. I thought my McAfee broke my FFXI also so I deleted FFXI and reinstall it. Later on it turned out that it's not broken, it's just SE server problem. I guess a serious of event made me /panic and dumb. USUALLY I won't reinstall FFXI just because certain server error, but server error and POL problem just happened on the SAME time and that's how I ended up making a wrong decision.

Ok, so now I need to do the version update all over again, and for some reason I'm stuck on the version update. I can't update it, both XI and XIV. And my other website worked just fine.

Basically, every time when I solved a problem that's stopping me from playing FFXI, a new problem occurred.

In my culture people believe their ancestors have power to protect their descendants after they die, they're always watching and guarding their descendants from heaven. Now I wonder if my ancestors just want me to focus on school projects and stop playing FFXI, so they're doing everything they can to break my FFXI. They failed though, cuz I spent most of my time trying to get back to FFXI now, instead of just playing it, or focusing on projects. Let's see who'll win in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.