Thursday 23 September 2010

Back, and FFXI looks more beautiful than ever

I replaced my old laptop with a new one, now I can finally play FFXI again. This laptop is intended to play FFXIV, so it's very high-end. Even with highest resolution the game still runs smoothly. Even in Einherjar with 18 people the game still won't lag. It's probably my first time running FFXI with full effect on, and I realized the graphic of FFXI is actually very good, even though it's a 8 year old game.
The weather effect and lighting effect looks amazing, and textures are nice under high resolution. The most important thing is, finally no lag even in besieged or Einherjar, everything just runs smoothly. When there are 20 ppl fighting a mob with all the WS/magic special effect and it looks amazing. I guess I'm too used to my SNES resolution graphic on my old laptop, now I feel FFXI is like a new game - -
One of the most satisfying thing is, macro no longer lag. So I can swap gear more often and do more dmg, or sleep the mob quicker....if my controller stop acting weird.
Well, anyways. Now I'm back, time for level grind!

2 comments:

  1. Curious as to the specs on your laptop if you don't mind me asking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Processor:Intel Core i7 Pocessor 720QM(1.6 GHz, 6MB L3 cache)
    Graphics:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 (4083 HyperMemory)
    Memory 8 GB
    Storge: 1000 GB HDD


    Haven't buy XIV yet, so I'm not sure if 5850 works for XIV(I'm not a laptop pro). But my friend told me his laptop with 5650 worked so I guess 5850 is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.