Sunday 12 September 2010

Gear swap, inventory -1 and more AF3 ahh

I saw a lot of discussion on forums about how good AF3s are, and how old armor became an inventory -1, and how some ppl still believe it's situationally good, which means you can use it, but only like 5% of time. After reading all these I have more ahh.

Ok this game has been always like this, after your job reaches an endgame lv, you need more than just one set of gears, or else you fail, or at least everyone in this game thinks you fail. It's like a crime not to have many gear sets and do gear swaps, and it's also a crime that you don't have multiple jobs at endgame lv. So that's how it ended up ppl crying about more gears added and not enough inventory.

I never have enough inventory in this game, never, and I only had 2 jobs at endgame lv. I can't imagine the life of ppl with 10 or 20 jobs 80+.

I wish I can play blue mage like a pro: TP in one set, WS in another. Cast STR dmg spells in one set, cast DEX spells in DEX set, STR and DEX spells in STR and DEX set, Cannonball in a Cannonball set(STR VIT and def). Then when I get hate I quickly gear swap to physical dmg- set, when I see the enemy casting magic quickly swap to magic dmg- set. When I start casting Utsusemi I macro in fast cast gears, then when I'm casting Utsuseme I quickly macro in spell interruption set, and when it's almost done I quickly macro in haste gears for recast. When I heal I macro in MND gears, when I nuke I nuke in INT gears for INT nukes, INT and MND gears for INT and MND nuke, CHR gears for CHR nuke(Eyes on me). And+HP gears for breath spells. If you can do that, err...I mean, if you have enough inventory space to do that, ppl call you pro. LOL

Personally I like the system of mix and match the gear sets for best performance, instead of grinding the best gears, full time them and beat everyone else. I also don't mind WS animation disappearing after gear swap which a lot of ppl complain about. However, since this game has limited 80 inventory due to PS2 limitations, this gear swap system just gets painful. Job change system makes it worse.

In this game ppl with multiple jobs seems to have an easier life than ppl with 1 job. Even if that one job you have is very well geared. Now you lv mage jobs you need mage gears, you lv DD jobs you need DD gears. And there'are job specific gears also.
That's probably one of the reason why I was so scared of lving another job to endgame lv.

And SE just increased the lv cap, now everyone has to lv subjobs, and even less inventory.

And there are just way too many "situational" gears in this game. I saw a lot of ppl spending points(+ causing some drama sometimes) on a gear in endgame LSs, even though they know they're only gonna use it 3% of time.

There are many "situational" gears I have, but I hardly ever bring it with me. One example is COR relic body, it's only good for
using JA Random deal, but most of the time I don't bother to bring it with me. Wasting 1 inventory for a 20min recast time JA is just too much. In fact I kinda want to throw it away ._. And all those elemental grips I have, I rarely use them.

Now now call me fail if you want, cuz I don't nuke/QD with elemental grips and don't do JA in correct relic .____. Lol gear swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.