Sunday 26 September 2010

Leveling in Abyssea

Hmmmm ok, so the first thing to do after coming back is grinding to 85 of course! I joined several Abyssea pt, and noticed the dmg output of COR has been up for a whole lot, because all the TP gained when doing Quick Draw. Oh my god I love this new QD update, not just because it increased the WS frequency a lot, also a cheaper option to skill up. (Skilling up is kinda shit now, my skill haven't been able to cap for a lonnng time)


We were EXPing on colibris, I especially love to Slug shot ---> Barrage ----> QDx2 (Actually with good STP setup it is possible to reach 100 TP without QD after barrage) ----> Slug shot, that's like 3k dmg in an instant without any atma, food and Minuet at lv 80. I also tested other ways of DDing, such as spamming /ra with Quicksilver(low delay gun) and high delay guns. Melee TP then WS in Slug shot, Detonator and Leaden Salute(actually that's because amber light were needed for AF3 farm). Long delay guns clearly gets more benefit from this update, since they gain more TP. Now this makes low delay type gun even weaker XDD. Those CORs with 5/5 QD recast merit and ACP body augmented for QD really gonna pwn in terms of dmg output.

I was a bit of D; after the last update because COR doesn't get any enhancement in terms of dmg output, now I'm ;D!

I also noticed that fire shot is more useful than it used to be, since I usually spam ranged attack in fire staff. Mobs die fast, no need to enhance the debuffs with ice or earth shot really.

Now here comes the real question, is Death Penalty still good, or even worth making? Theoretically (I don't own it so I can't test it, I'm just thinking in my head) it's not, at least it's not in pt situations. If it's soloing then it's another story. Armageddon seems to be better, with better aftermath WS, higher base dmg and higher delay, therefore easier to reach 100% TP along with STP gear and QD.

I was also thinking about doing QD in STP gear/roll instead of MAB roll/gear, to reach 100% TP faster. But I'm not sure if more dmg per shot is better or reach 100 TP faster is better. Getting TP when doing QD just opens up a lot of new options for gear build and play style.

I also tried to farm for AF3 feets in Abyssea, appearantly the drop rate is pretty lame and it's like another evil dyna - -. After last update some people said SE is making this game more causal and gears easier to obtain, apparently SE doesn't want this game to be causal at all- -. 4hr of abyssea farming and only 6 AF3 dropped, and most pt can't even drop 6, just 2~3. And that's just the base armor, and there's +1 and +2. Compare with old endgame gear AF3 is not any easier.



So, going to XIV? Not until XIV gets some kind of gun user or pirate class!




I really need to make myself a new magian gun before Armageddon and Death Penalty complete. Currently I'm leaning toward making racc one to replace martial. Racc is actually one of the less popular choice among CORs. WS dmg+10% seems nice and popular, also easy to make. But if I'm shooting this gun kinda lack any additional benefit to enhance the dmg. STR gun hits hard, but I doubt it's going to hit harder than Armageddon. Most important of all, I have no idea what will COR's main WS be at lv 99. If COR gets new pimp WS at lv 99 and it's magical WS or WS with AGI+75% mod then I'm screwed. Both guns can't really compete with Armageddon, and pretty much inventory -1 if I ever complete Armageddon. MAB gun is also a very popular choice, but this gun is even more situational than other magian guns. I'm not a big fan of QD soloing, unless I'm fighting a NM with deadly WS so I don't shoot and only doing QD I don't see much use of this gun. Racc gun seems to be the only way that has it's own way to compete with Armageddon, with much higher racc.

Of course, the best way is to make them all, WS dmg+10% gun when melee TPing and racc ok, MAB gun when only doing QD or Leaden salute spam, Racc gun when fighting high eva mobs and STR gun for ranged attack/slug shot spam. But if I have that kind of time to make them all then I'd better spend them on Armageddon .__.

Things planning to do after coming back:
1.Lv 85
2.AF3 and seal grind
3.Abyssite and Atma grind
4.Work on Captain
5.Get a new gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.