Sunday 6 June 2010

Some stuff about COR

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgv54x4k_8nzx63gcd


This is a guide for COR I wrote for Moghat a while ago, I edited a little bit. It's really long, so I'll just post the link here. And I still kinda write more stuff, oh well.

Everytime when I read it I kinda laughed, cuz I'm not following my own guide strictly.....fAiL.

Sometimes I don't give mage roll to mages on purpose because I entered selfish mode and wanted attack roll on me a bit more and the mage looks ok on MP. Ok I don't do that on tough situations ._.; I guess the struggle between "Have fun" and "Play right" is a lot of FFXI players may face.

Well I'm a player who picked "incorrect" DM earring(This kinda became a legend of lol among my friends), wrong ACP body(Am I the only COR main not augmenting ACP body for QD in this game?) and kinda wrong AMK helm.


"COR is one of the few jobs in this game that you don't stuck using 2~3 subjobs all the time. The most useful subjob for this job is RNG NIN WHM(SCH?) RDM(BLU BLM) WAR DNC DRG"


Ok, I don't have /BLM /WAR /DNC /DRG, and why the hell do I have to lv subjobs I hate to lv ._.
Well, I may lv DNC, looks like a good sub and fun to play with. But I hate to lv BLM with a passion.....


"Remember, whatever you choose to sub, you always sub whatever subjob you find more effective and help the pt more in whatever events you’re doing. Although this can take a while to learn and experience yourself."

Ok, everyone knows sometimes I choose SJ depends on how I feel. I like to /WHM when I feel like healing, helping the pt to stay alive and being cheap, and love to /RNG when I feel like going offensive and hitting some stuff. Both ways are helping the pt regardless. I understand perfectly that certain sub is more useful in certain situations, and happy to sub the "more useful" SJ, but damn, after subbing WHM in Einherjar for such a long time I want to try something new :/


Then again, besides tough situations such as Einherjar, or certain Nyzul/EXP pt setup requires more cure/dmg, I pretty much have freedom to sub whatever I want in other situations. Compare with other jobs in this game, ppl don't really care about equipping "incorrect" gears, subbing "wrong" subjobs for this job, or doing gimp gimp parse dmg in events.(Yes ppl will forgive a COR doing gimp gimp parse dmg yay!) I guess that's just the way of being a pirate, not being restricted by certain "rules" of this game. Have freedom to equip whatever gears I like, sub whatever subjob I want, and play however I like, let it be shooting stuff, hitting stuff with a sword(I <3 swords), or just stay away and heal.




P.S "A good COR is also a good friend of RDM"

Nice try. I know I'm not a good friend of RDM because my RDM only <3 DNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.