Tuesday 15 June 2010

Soloing business

I used to hate solo very much, FFXI is a party based MMORPG, therefore soloing isn't all that time efficient. Soloing a VT marid on my COR/RDM(I don't have /BLM leveled ._., and QD recast merit not full >.>;) takes over 15 min, and it's a very boring process too, blink->shoot->run->wait for recast----------->blink->shoot->run->wait repeat. (Pretty soon I learned to solo those *slow* */poke* elephants on BLU/THF instead, which is more fun, less gil cost and more time efficient.)

However, for ppl like me who have random pop time and hate to gather ppl for events, soloing seems to be one of the easiest way for gear/gil grind.

A list of stuff planning to solo(or duo or trio, just don't want to find a big group of ppl for it). Starting from the easier stuff to harder ones.

1.Mahishasura---> Drops Veuglaire
Veuglaire is a gun for QD. Tbh, I'm currently happy with my Magnatus for QD dmg, and if I need macc for light/dark shot, Magian gun Huracan can be augmented with even more macc(If I ever bother to make another magian gun that is). This gun is easily replaceable, but nice to have it in my gun collections. IT'S A HEXAGUNNNNN ALL PIRATES LOVE HEXAGUNNNNNS!
Mahishasura is a marid type mob, should be as easy as other marids, just takes longer. Although I'm still waiting to see it pop.


2.Barbaric Weapon---> Drops Rover's gloves
Rover's gloves D:

3.Iriz Ima----->Drops bunch of shits I can't use
Although it drops a bunch of shits I can't use, but this T2 ZNM gives pop to T3. Tbh, once I gather 2k zeni I'd rather pop Iriri Samariri which drops stuff I can use. But according to wiki , Iriri Samariri "Recommended fight with 14+ Lv.75s" (-.-;)...hmmmm........I'll just kill Iriz Ima which is just right outside of WG ^^;

The problem is this NM rages after one hour, and it has 28k HP. I probably won't be able to kill it within 1 hr time limit with my current subjob, QD gear and merits. According to wiki some ppl seems to zone this mob and unclaim it when it rages, then come back and claim it again. Worth a try.

This mob also drops Avocat Pigaches, may as well find a random RDM that wants this to speed up the killing process.

4.Dea---> Drops Enkidu's Subligar
According to wiki testimonials, it's soloable by COR/RDM, or at least duo/trio-able. Deal with rage in the same way as Iriz Ima.

5.Genbu--->Drops Genbu's shield
I'm probably the only blue mage on this server that has no genbu's shield, due to my sky-phobia. But not having a genbu's shield while I don't /NIN just makes my life harder, especially in Campaign when I /SCH and got hit a lot. Yes there is a dmg-10% campaign ring but no AN for it :/.
May as well find 1~2 helpers to farm the Winterstone for it. Gem of north seems to be soloable, no?


6.Jailor of Fortitude--->Drops Fortitude torque
A popular choice of mob for COR solo(And RDM too!).Well I'm a sea noob and never done sea before, so wiki time!

The almighty Wiki says: Spawn by 12xGhrah M Chip(D:), which drops from lv 75~77 Eo'ghrah(DDD:) with 13.7% drop rate (DDDD;) Fortitude torque drop rate 14.9%(DDDDDDDDDDDDDD;)

No wonder it's a 3M worth item.......I can almost hear that farmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarm.............in my mind




A lot of them requires some serious trigger farm, so farmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarm ._.;

1 comment:

  1. BLU that doesn't have Genbu's Shield. Hmm... k make that 2. =p

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.