Tuesday 15 May 2012

Snake eye adjustment

I wasn't really planning to log on to FFXI today, since I'm in need of mental break from XI, but hearing what others say about Snake eye adjustment made me a little curious, so I decided to try it out.

All I have to say is, 3rd epic COR update since QD TP update and No.11 bonus.

Basically, it gave an EVEN higher chance to roll a No.11 nowadays, the chance is so high that it's almost unbelievable.

When the roll is No.5 or below, snake eye will just give a +1 roll, but when the roll is No.6 or higher, there's a chance that it will automatically made it No.11.

That also means, as long as roll number is equal or bigger than 6, you can activate your gambling spirit and just snake eye, and maybe it will be a No.11! But if you failed a gamble it will ended up as an unlucky number if you pop it at unlucky number -1 D;

I found it extremely fun to play with, after all, rolling and gambling has been my favorite part of playing this job.

So there's been some talk about changing COR optimal merit after update again. Some ppl been saying about lowering snake eye and fold since their recast time is reduced, and 5/5 winning streak. So some thoughts about it before I play with new changes more.

Basically, it's just another convenient tool to roll a No.11 faster, much like fold. Technically you can still chain No.11s without it. But it's also a even more powerful tool than fold to roll No.11 faster(since once you get a No.11 up, fold is entirely useless). But having 2x No.11 up often take a lot of time, sometimes the time spent may out weight the PR duration bonus Winning Streak provides, considering many DDs don't lock buffs, and buff may wear mid fight for Provenance zerg if the fight dragged too long and DDs don't lock them. Although I will have to do math for 10% extra chance to activate auto-11 v.s 2 extra winning streak merit.

But if I'm going to lower any merit for Winning Streak, most likely that it will be fold, especially when I'm doing events that's near the zone line.

With even higher No.11 chance nowadays, the usefulness of Fold got even lower. Of course I still benefit from it if I'm doing rotation for myself in very short time(I often roll x2 roll for myself for Provenance run, after we got into BC, so not a lot of time to chain 11).

Maybe it's best to just keep what I have atm.

But either way, no way I'm gonna put more than 1 merit in Loaded deck and Fold, even both are debatable to put even 1 merit in it IMO, but since I already put relic augment for them, may as well keep them.

Need to play COR more to figure out I guess, maybe start next Provenance run I should do a  No using fold in Provenance run Challenge, see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.