Monday 21 May 2012

Free 14

Recently FFXIV had been free to play, so I decided to log back on and take a look at how the game is like atm.

I quit 14 before the introduction of job and server merge, so jobs and such are pretty new to me. I also pretty much just quit right after Pugilist ding 50, so endgame content/gearing is extremely new to me too.

I've been wanting to get a chocobo for a while, so the first thing is, of course, pick a grand company to join.

Which one? Immortal Flames of course! If I name my LS in XI ImmortalFlames, of course Immortal Flames are my favorite GC!

Kinda weird that I'm such a big fan of guns in XI, but didn't join the Maelstrom.

I named my Chocobo Baku, pretty cute name for me to abuse huh?

The convenient part of chocobo in XIV is, I can call it even during leve quest, thus saved a lot of travelling time while doing it.

However, it's still possible to aggro mobs while on chocobo, thus my dream of obtaining all aetheryte probably still gonna take a bit of effort....getting past those lv 80~90 monsters are still a pain.....

I noticed this game is a LOT more playable than it used to be, AH(not really an AH in XIV, but I'm used to call it AH) can now type item name to search, very easy to find items now. During the battle, if you're legible to use certain move after miss, the icon will glow, so no longer need to stare at the screen spamming buttons after a miss. And battle msg is now separate from other msg, so it's also not a pain to fight and chat anymore ;D

I noticed guardian's favor is gone, and second wind now doesn't cost MP, not sure if there are other changes.

Either way, FFXIV is very enjoyable to play atm, in general.


After my first class ding 50, next is to unlock job and gear for it.

I realized I need to more class to unlock job ;< Then there's AF to work on.

It felt just like 3 years ago, my 1st job in XI ding 75, and I was overwhelmed by the amount of work needed....grind ex/rare gears, buy expensive gears, lv useful SJ, do research about how to gear jobs etc, so I can do more EG events.

Now it's like experience 3 years ago repeated all over again. I don't know jack shit about how to gear, have 0 idea about how EG is like, and extremely gimp that I want to find a hole to hide myself when I walk on the street D;

After I did a bit of searching and reading forums, I dropped 700k on some cheap AH gears. I'm unable to reach enough STR suggested on the forum atm. Now time to make money D;

It seems that pugilist isn't really an EG job in this game, so if I want to get good ex/rare weapons like Ifrit's claw, need to lv a mage job ;(

I'm seriously considering lving Archer/Bard since I like Bard AF. This game in general needs to have even more job leveled than XI to be useful, so maybe lving WHM is not skippable D;


To-do list:

Unlock MNK.
Finish MNK AF.
Lv Archer/Bard.
And start reading more XIV related stuff, maybe!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.