Sunday 4 May 2014

DD hierarchy

Got bored and start to play with spreadsheet again.

In one of the FFXIAH discussion use spreadsheet and find out that COR/DNC+MNK x2> MNK x3 in terms of total DPS. But the next question is, what if the DD is SAM? SAM is currently one of the strongest and most useful DD job, however Koga SAM usually doesn't benefit from COR buff as much.

Since I'm doing spreadsheet anyways, I may as well check out the gap between SAM and MNK, and maybe other DDs.

All the spreadsheet uses same setup: Target Tojil, SV march march min min mad. Gear sets are copy and paste from AH discussions.

I'm not familiar with DD jobs, so my MNK SAM may be gearing slightly wrong D:

COR/DNC: 411 without QD, +34 with QD.

Relic MNK DPS without COR: 638, with COR: 810. Vere MNK with COR: 828.

Koga SAM(not using ranged WS build) DPS without COR: 826, with COR(using chaos SAM roll instead of chaos DA) 1055

Tsurumaru SAM: 678, with COR: 922: But I think I may mess up Tsurumaru save TP stuff because it looks surprisingly low from my personal experience with SAM.


Pt with 3 MNK: 1914
Pt with 3 koga SAM: 2478
Pt with COR and relic MNKx2: 2031
Pt with COR and 2 Koga SAM: 2521

LOOKS LIKE COR+ 2 SAM STILL > 3 SAM \O/ \O/ /O\

Honestly though, SAM is way stronger than a MNK D:

BRB LVING SAM(and build a Koga)

Speaking of which, I've been getting a lot of ppl telling me to "lv another job" such as WHM(and I have no idea why I kept giving other ppl impression that I can play WHM well). Although I agree that my job spread is getting thin in 2014, WHM is specifically one job I'd avoid. The frustration isn't worth it IMO.

1. I'm downright bad at mage jobs. And I don't have plan to use spellcast or any 3rd pt tool to fix it.

2. PUG nowadays can be a pain to deal with.  Most of the time, DD doesn't carry DT- set, mages doesn't support, and 1 WHM has to haste 4~5 person AND -na AND cure epeen DD with no DT- set. When shit went wrong WHM is first to be blamed.

3. I'm impatient when it comes to skill up all that magic.

I guess I'm stuck on COR for a while longer :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.