Thursday 22 May 2014

Dagger job competition

Because someone brought up the topic of COR v.s DNC as 3rd pt slot/support DD on the forum, I decided to play spreadsheet and find out the real king of dagger job/support DD in FFXI.


Target: Tojil, SV march x2 mad min. On DNC I have sabre dance/berserk/aggressor/boost STR/haste samba as buff, 23% def down as debuff(that means dia+ full step). On COR I have Boost STR/chaos/fighter/haste samba as buff, 15% def down as debuff(dia+ light shot). Since I'm assuming the other 2 slot is real DD so DNC and COR isn't in same pt, so DNC doesn't receive COR buff and vice versa.

My DNC TP/WS set:




Gimpfania reserves the right to gear wrong because I don't play DNC ^^;

P.S: That gorget/belt seems gear wrong for exen, but in reality it gives better number than other stuff I can think of.





QD dmg is 1098, that means + 27 DPS= 482 DPS total. I can't find vanir on the list and I'm too lazy to add it, so I just use Laksamana feet in WS set.

The difference is very small, basically nearly the same since there are room for me to gear wrong too. However, in practice the DPS can favor COR for a bit, due to several reasons:

1. COR can get even more def down by using step, if it lands. I just didn't calculate it.

2. AFAIK, Spreadsheet doesn't calculate TP gain via QD so the actual COR DPS can get higher. although it can also go lower if I use light shot over dmg shot, or facing a high MDB mob.

3. There's downtime on berserk.

4. COR gets bigger increase than DNC if the BRD is singing 2 min instead of 1 min 1 mad. Attack song is just that good for ranged WS.

5. Steps still needs time and AM3 needs time. Unless COR is rolling mid fight and slow down, or unless COR is getting shit number on buffs, it's faster for a COR to reach max DPS stat.

I'm not exactly sure how DNC works so maybe there's certain advantage DNC has that doesn't list on the spreadsheet and secretly adds some extra DPS to DNC too. Also, there IS a chance that COR gets shit buff on rolls and ended up having lower DPS than DNC. Although the chance of getting shit buff on both rolls is quite low.



Obviously DNC/WAR would rape the shit out of COR if both sitting in same pt and both getting phantom rolls. I've been wanting to make a dagger DD job only pt for ceizak for ages.

2 comments:

  1. Lol so angry. That's bad for health you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, deleted above negative comment. Because blog is a public space on the internet, whoever visit here has right to see zero negative/hateful comment that may make them feel uneasy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.