Monday 7 January 2013

Cerberus Muzzler

A few days ago I heard Cerberus was up, since I've been wanting Cerberus clear for ages for atma+title, and I heard it can be soloed, so I decided to give it a try on BLU.

Since last time I failed at soloing KS99 due to over confidence for BLU's evasion, this time I decided to be extra careful and put together an evasion hybrid set: Evasion sword, Pil ammo, Kaggen belt, Ocelot pants and Athos's feet, plus twilight torque over rancor. I also choose to /NIN for extra cheap shadows, and set magic def bonus, salion coat and magic barrier for Gate of Hades.

2 things I didn't know before I engage it though:

1. It has a para move that killed me on 1st try.

2. It hits very hard without def food/def spells....easily over 300+ dmg a hit.

However, with my evasion hybrid set, I have np capping evasion on it. With /NIN shadows most of the times I don't get hit.

I also bought a stack of Remedy after para killed me, before 50% it's fairly safe to get para'd since it's literally harmless before 50%. After 50% Gate of Hades spam, plus 300+ dmg a hit and para can get very risky. So I used Remedy after 50% whenever I'm para'd just to make my life easier. Also used taco to make my life easier.

With MDB job trait, Salion Coat and magic barrier, Gate of Hades dmg can be reduced to 300ish, and DoT effect can be erased with BLU spell.


I also tried to sudden lunge stun it, but apparently it doesn't land for me, so I just focus on turtling and keeping myself alive ._. 

Anyways, after a lot of heart attack (It spams GoH back to back in the end and kinda scary)





Cerberus Muzzler title, plus atma for this title obtained!

I remember my 1st time fighting this NM, it was with Sinister. I just dinged 75 on COR and just joined EGLS. It was an alliance fight at 75 and even then we still wiped. Then CabelasII took it and killed it.

It was my 1st HNM scene experience, with ppl in LS camping HNM, called LS help when popped, then another LS came and wait for wipe to take the NM etc. It was also my 1st time see how ppl deal with NM and my 1st time seeing BLU cannonball build in action(someone in Cabelas used BLU cannonball on this), and I was like, why a staff with cannonball! Fun time, lol.....err, Noob time I mean!

My 2nd experience with Cerberus was at 85 or 90 cap(I forgot exactly witch, but it's abyssea era), someone /shouting for a pt for Cerberus because it popped. So me, Tavera, Trigue and several others tried to kill it with a pt of PUG players and randomly dragged friends. 

Although it's easier than 75 era and required smaller pt size(our pt size was smaller than Sinister), it was still a wipe! Then the pt disbanded after wipe.

Felt pretty good that at lv 99 I get to solo it and get the title. Also can't help but feel "ah, time flies, we used to need an alliance for this with Cannonball BLU and PLD, now I can solo"

It's weird that after I play FFXI, things changes and the "old days" memory often pop in my head. I remembered alot of things while killing Cerberus, including my gear on lv 75 COR when I did the fight with Sinister, yeah it was all AF1 and AF gun ;)

I guess that's the FFXI magic, or MMORPG magic..... they will never come back no matter how many times I create a new toon, it only exists as memory.

Speaking of which, for some reason I do miss Sinister, although they're not quite as it's used to be. It used to be a pretty hardcore LS full of pimps, now seems pretty casual to me. But then again, there aren't many NALS that can consider hardcore nowadays on this server, lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.