Thursday 20 October 2011

Ninja pop

First of all, I admit, yes I broke my promise, I couldn't stay away from FFXI for more than one month after I realized I still spent most of the time chating without FFXI. So I've been ninja popping in FFXI, if I wanna chat on MSN, may as well chat in FFXI.

I've been working on BLU gears recently, I ended up doing evasion set first instead of PDT-. At first I was skeptical about doing an evasion set and not sure if it's worth it, especially after Foxx told me he isn't interested in evasion set as it has no use in heroes zone. But after spending some money on gears I realized this is one gear set that changed my life a lot.... that I strongly recommend any serious BLUs to work on(and now I kinda regret I didn't start working on it earlier), unless you already have an eva solo job like NIN or DNC, but even if you have NIN DNC, BLU evasion set is still way too useful to skip it, my life changed with it, seriously.

So what advantage evasion set has? Basically it greatly increase your survive-ability for lower lv contents. Link/aggro shit in dyna? Macro in evasion set. Want to solo limbus? Evasion set. Need to cast ichi? Evasion set macro. Need to do CW burn? Having evasion set or not is the difference between pulling 5 mobs or 10+ mobs at once. This set greatly expand BLU's utility and make it a better tank/puller/holder/crowd controller, and certainly a must have for solo. It also offers possibility to use other SJ that's not NIN and still has decent survive-ability. I see more and more BLU with 2 eva sticks for a reason.

I tried to solo Audumbla on BLU/RDM and found this SJ worked very well for solo play. Fast cast II makes it easy to get blink spell up(including the puk one) Aquaveil can save life, obviously MAB II is good for Sanguine, and I assume convert can be useful in limbus/salvage for convert as well. It's actually not necessary to full time eva set while TPing(it lowers TP DPS anyways), I still TP in normal TP set while shadows/blind spells are up and only macro in evasion set while waiting for blink spell recast. Switch between both sets while appropriate is key to increase dmg output.

I still need to finish both evasion swords trial, and get Omega NM in Ule to drop it's torque, also need that AGI belt(should have get it long time ago for WF already) and new eva ammo. After that this set should be done and can move on to PDT- and MDT- set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.