Saturday 8 October 2011

Leves in 1.19

Finally got a bit of time to log on to FFXIV after 1.19 update. I've read SE forums about how gears and stats now makes a huge difference and how gimp your characters are compare with pre-1.19. So I was a bit worried that I can no longer solo leves until I upgrade/repair my gear.

So I started a new lv 30 leve in N.wells with gimped/unpaired gears, I admit my character's killing speed is much lower than it used to be, and it sure takes slightly longer time to finish one leve, but not to an unbearable point(not as bad as old FFXI that is). Just that I can no longer wear low lv gear and leave it unrepaired if I want max efficiency.

For some reason, I feel this change benefits crafters, GREATLY.

It also benefits ppl with longer play time now, since it takes longer for them to do 8 leve every reset and run out of stuff to do.

Although one leve now takes longer time to finish, it actually gives more EXP per kill now, so the over all gringing efficiency from solo leve haven't change much.

I guess I finally need to work on gil after this update as well, it may to play more and more important role after update, and it's getting harder to earn them unless I have a craft leveled high enough.

Another thing I noticed is that I have more MP than it used to be(cure spam on melee job coming back? ;o). Also since it takes longer to kill stuff now, TP efficient move like Haymaker II is pretty awesome(pretty fun to use it too, it works like counter except it's manual counter). It actually need more planning and effort if I want to solo leves efficiently now, rather then just smack and whack mindlessly and get it done in 5 min(pre-update there's no way I can increase the efficiency if I want to, since most of the time are spent on running around instead of killing stuff)

Still don't have time to do other stuff like chocobo quest and new Grand company leve though. Also haven't got time to play with Gladiator after update(again, heard horror stories about Gladiator can't kill a thing after update etc). But I guess my priority is to lv up a craft so I can stop being so gimp and rely on other ppl to repair gear so much.

Man so much to do in XIV lah D;
No time to play lah D;(typical Q.Q from me all the time in XI no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.