Friday 18 February 2011

Trial for old gears, haters will hate, lovers will love

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6197/detail.html

I have to admit when I saw the news like this a few weeks ago I was very happy.It's not because I'm a victim of hard earned Salvage gear now crap(never really start Salvage until lv cap increase anyways), but because my Mythic weapon building is not making any progress to a point that I almost want to give up :/

I don't really have many Nyzul/Salvage gear, and my Einherjar gears are just ichor items. Therefore I don't really care too much about old gears and such since I don't have many of them to begin with. However the price of Alex is now pretty unacceptable....Someone told me the other day that he put his alex in bazaar for 10k and still sold really fast. Also I'm having hard time getting ichor, due to the fact that no one really want to do Einherjar anymore. My old Einherjar LS Dynabus is now pretty much dead, not doing any Einherjar/Dynamis for ages. Ager recently told me even limbus is dead, so I guess time to /toss pearl XD

On the other hand, Nyzul and assault seems still popular in my social LS Cynosure. I wanted to make another assault static for assault logs, but just way too busy in abyssea atm. At this rate I probably won't finish Mythic for another 5 years XD, mostly because how dead old content is and how I spend most of my playtime in Abyssea now XD

There are a lot of argument between hardcore/long time player and causal/newer player about how old gears gets slap in the face and how easy it is to get new gears. Zeig told me the other day that he really dislike "pros" of this game saying good gears shouldn't be so easy to obtain and such. He has his reasons, since a lot of causal players can now wear pimp gears and have same level of sense of achievement as other hardcore players. But I can also understand how veteran players would feel when they spent 1 year grinding a salvage gear or relic weapon and suddenly they all subpar compare with items you can finish in a few days. I don't know if trial for old content is a good solution for this, since I'm pretty sure if they make Salvage gear pimp again some people gonna complain again XD

Although mythic status is now in dead status, but I managed to overcome the frustration over failed lv 80 empy weapon and started working on 85 version. It goes much faster than I expected. I asked around if anyone need +2 items from CC or seals from KI NMs. Sometimes I just /shout to see if anyone needs clear or +2 items and always got ppl very fast. Sometimes ppl are willing to stay for multiple CC just to finish their +2 upgrades. CC is very easy, much better than Carabosse, I can literally solo it if stones are not a problem, the only hard part is Heqet, sometimes it's over camped and pulling it can be a pain. This frog should be soloable as well, With newly obtained GH atma, a little bit of eva gears and Auroral Drape I can evade a lot of hits on BLU. Just pulling it is such a headache, Stealth told me I can just kite the frogs and lose hate, but I either ended up losing Heqet hate as well(and let other ppl claim), or Heqet pwn me with magic while I kite, or I just can't lose frog hate at all, I guess I need more practice to get this done solo. Another problem I noticed is if I get ppl for CC by /shout, many people don't have the patience to help me with Heqet KI farm XD People just want +2 upgrades and expect me to get KI out of nowhere XDDD

Well at least that's a good thing, before old gear gets upgrade I can have something to do for now at least. I also started WoTG static in Cynosure for story and aiming to get a Zodiac ring for QD and Moonshade earring with Rattk and regain augment. It looks like I'm having way too many static/events going on atm again, so time management can be a challenge if I still want to graduate XDDD

3 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to friends and earning it? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I mostly just do CC if there are ppl that needs seals/+2 items and such, since they need seals/+2 anyways, so no point to say no if there are ppl that needs seal/+2.

    And I tried to grind AF3 with my static(while sponsoring most of the pop items for static with my own gil just to save everyone's grinding time). I have to admit sometimes the static doesn't work too well and I ended up having to ask other ppl for help here and there, which gets more and more frustrating, since I'm the leader and really should take the responsibility if I can't get other member what they want and such.

    I tried to ask in LS if anyone need help with yellow proc and such if they're fighting some NMs. Since it's mostly the only thing I can do atm really. A lot of friends that helped a lot during gem farm are all very successful players and able to get things done on their own, so most of the time if I'm needed it's usually just yellow proc ._., I guess if I'm not needed, it's most likely that I'm not good enough as a player then ._.

    I feel like I really need to pimp my BLU a bit more, so at least it's more useful for TE farm ._.

    But yeah, thanks for bringing that up, that reminds me I need to work harder in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Afania, this is Zeig.
    I hate the "pros" that look down on others, not all pros just for being pro. There are pros that are very respectful and helpful, Idk about their history, but Vode and Zeno seem quite accomplished to me (Vode has this pro aura around him), yet very friendly and helping. Maybe Unctgtg is an example, too (biased because I'm a DRK lol).
    I also hate "pros" that think that everyone else should suck if he doesn't put in enough effort (aka have no life) to obtain his adaberk or dhalmatica.
    There has always been a time invested VS reward gained problem in this game. You invest a huge amount of time (basically wasted) to obtain a virtual item that boosts your stats...not by much. I mean, look at Hauberk VS Adaman Hauberk. I like the way the game is (in regards to time vs reward) now. Empy armor upgrade needs some work but is satisfying, so everyone is not gimp, and is happy.
    Having said that, I still think that in every MMO, there are hardcore playes who will only settle for the best gear, and want to be better than others (I blame capitalism). So yeah, right now the game may be lacking on this part.
    I believe SE has two options:
    1- Trials for old gear. I support this. I think ppl shouldn't toss the hardly-obtained gear (like Adaberk) away for...Perle gear?!
    2- Just add hardcore NMs/events with uber rewards. I think this is what we'll see in the 91-100 updates.
    I guess you're lucky you never picked up the game in 2004-2008. XD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.