Tuesday 8 February 2011

An empy with a huge price to pay

As it mentioned in previous post, my best friend Tavera started drama during our gem farm, and the result is me losing my best friend. I got an lv 80 empy, but I lost my best friend, literally I've lost more than what I've gained.

Ever since Abyssea came out we've duoed a shit tones of stuff, and most of the time I'm the one getting all the benefit. I ended up getting spoiled and rely on him for getting gears way too much, and unable to cherish the value of friends. I'm unable to get things done on my own. So I decided to learn a hard lesson and going to earn my own gear instead of relying on friends for help. This empy will probably stay @ lv 80 for a while, until I'm worthy and earn the lv 85 version myself. Gimp as you can see, but I guess it's my punishment. Same for AF3+2s, all the incomplete AF3+2 I'll just let it stay as it is for now, until I earn them myself.

Pretty funny that just the day before yesterday I still view gears like Empyrean weapon or AF3+2 an accomplishment, ppl standing in Jeuno with 5/5 blue boxes and lv 85 empy used to be so cool, now for me all the gears are nothing more than a punishment.

I just started a new AF3+2 farming static, hopefully it goes well, so I can keep working on AF3+2 without relying on friends. I used to tried to make an empy static too but it doesn't work too well, and I immediately turned to my friends after the static failed. I hope history won't repeat this time.

I'm temped to stop playing COR again so I don't take advantage it, by running around in gears I don't deserve. But if I don't get to play it I think I'll be very unhappy, so I may still play with it once a while.

Currently goal:
Make sure AF3+2 static goes well and complete everyone's WL item.
Project Armageddon on hold(temp).

Also updated Project Armageddon status, no lantern for me until I earn them!


Other static I'm currently running is Nyzul static for tokens, although whether Nyzul static goes well or not largely depends on other ppls attendance :/

Anyways, now it's time for a new start in FFXI.

2 comments:

  1. For Empyrean weapons you really have to make sure that you've broken your back several times over for every person helping out--at least with the first stage. Even those you consider great friends will go crazy doing something like that unless they really owe you a ton--and they have to be the ones that feel like they owe you.

    The second stage is easier: simply pass all items besides the lanterns or whatever you need to those who help out--including +1 seals from the pop NMs.

    No one wants to help out with such a huge endeavor unless they are getting something in return or returning massive favors. That's just a truth of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well generally I understand that most ppl won't help if they get nothing out of it, it's like a common sense in FFXI. Except Tav didn't ask any physical items. What he've wanted from me was something else, and I failed in that part as a friend. That's why I decide to keep all the future AF3 or empy in business mode, I only ask ppl to help after I get them items so no drama XD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.