Saturday 2 November 2013

Almost beat ToAU, almost.

Played this game for 4.5 years, cried on OF about RME for half an year, never really know jack shit about relic class weapons......




(Please ignore the terrible aspect ratio and fat-fania in the pic)


I DIDN'T KNOW RELIC AND MYTHIC CAN TALK WTF.

I've always been making fun about guns in XI, and call them "my wife", gave them personality and even create avatar for them. For me they're more than just pixel items in a video game. But when the gun really talked to me in a CS, I was pleasantly surprised that weapons can talk, for real.

/Afania's FFXI gun obsession reaching max value.

Anyways, finally done with fucking 30k alex, after 3.5 years of work I finally got "the wife that I want the most" that I can sleep in my MH with :D

I have to admit, IF I finish this in something like 2011 or 2012, I'd be 10x happier, due to I no longer obsessed with COR job and FFXI as much as I used to be. SoA completely killed my item obsession in FFXI and sense of accomplishment in an MMO that even FFXIV can't recover, finishing a Mythic is probably last "OMGOMGOMG I FINALLY DID IT" accomplishment in my gaming life. I dressed up nicely, bugged my friends to come and take pic with me. After this point(finishing Mythic), my passion in video game is "done", and I don't think I'll ever feel "OMGOMGOMG FINALLY" in another video game ever again. I've spent majority of my time in FFXIV for past 2 months, playing casually, and the game is simply not offering this sense of accomplishment, since coil T5 will be spammable by majority after 6 months due to nerf and everyone wearing better gears, while Mythic, at this point of time is still pretty rare in XI, and felt like an accomplishment until inevitable Mythic requirement nerf coming.

Not exactly the same result and emotion I expected to have after Mythic done due to various reasons(mainly because of lolSoA), but still one long term project in my life that's about to get out of the way, finally.

Thank you, FFXI for past 4.5 years for offering such life changing gaming experience.

And special thanks to everyone who helped me farm the damn alex or provided cheap/free alex in past 3 years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.